Keto friendly chocolate?

Ooh! I can answer this one. Try raw cacao butter (pure fat), melted at a very low temperature with coconut oil. Add no carb sweetener (I use stevia). Then add cacao powder at a lower ratio, so your mixture ends up being heavier on the fat, but with chocolate flavour. You can also add cinnamon or ginger. Then pour it into a dish or mould and put it in the fridge.

I wish this were cheaper. It’s like more than double the price of the Lindt 90% on Amazon for a 12 pack.

I buy it in bulk. I also find I don’t need much to satisfy a chocolate craving. A small square is enough. It’s so fatty and rich. But yeah, it’s more expensive.

(Mike W.) #24

I noticed that. I got these from the Lindt outlet store. 4 for $10! Also note they are very thin and weigh a bit less than the standard bars albeit the same size packaging.

I don’t eat any grains or sweeteners whatsoever. No honey, no sugar, no maple syrup, no agave syrup. Just stevia. So, I never buy commercial chocolate.

I just made a batch of homemade raw chocolate with about 6 tbsp of cacao in 400g of fat (half cacao butter, half coconut oil). 20g of carbs total in the whole batch.

I eat a serving of about 30g as a treat if I need a “fat bomb” or a chocolate fix. Each serving has less than 2g of carbs.

The total cost, because I buy in bulk, was about the same as Lindt dark chocolate. Maybe a little more.

Because there is no sugar, I don’t get food triggered. And because less fills me up (much, much less), I need smaller servings to satisfy me. Whereas I could eat an entire Lindt bar (100g), it takes me a third as much to feel nauseatingly full with my chocolate.

It also doesn’t taste bitter the same way dark chocolate does, but that’s coming from someone who likes the taste of stevia.

I GAINED weight :(

https://www.omfoods.com/cacao-cocoa/organic-cacao-butter-100-arriba-criollo/