I GAINED weight :(

Thanks. I am surprised that my choice of words came across as intense. Yeah, I went through a pretty major life event and a trauma over the last while and I’m still healing. I’m amazed that came through in my writing. That or you’re very perceptive.

Ok, patience. I’ll do my best. And I’m going to buy a measuring tape to measure inches instead of pounds.

I feel sad reading that you’ve struggled through it. But, 15lbs from your desired weight is awesome!! Congrats!

Haha! Bacon fat solidifies when it cools. I spoon it out. And I make raw chocolate with cacao butter. It’s quite solid and not drinkable. I include a bit of cocoa powder with only 1 or 2 carbs per serving.

Thanks for the blog! I was afraid to eat too much protein. I just recalculated and I can eat more than I was, so I’ll try that.

Ok, I wasn’t using this approach. I don’t eat cheese, though. I will eat more meat/eggs and only add fat if I’m hungry. I find this brings my calories to fewer than 1300/day. Hey, if I can get away with that few, I’m cool.

Comatose sleeps are back. My first few days on keto, I felt nearly comatose. The kind of tired I feel when my blood sugar is low.

I also felt dizzy and in an attempt to boost my electrolytes, I started drinking lemon water with mag citrate. And my energy came back.

Now I’ve cut out the lemon water and I feel comatose again. I think my body was sucking carbs out of those tbsps of lemon juice.

So… keto flu, ready or not, here I come. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Linda Culbreth) #40

I have read all though this - so sorry for hard times.

What stand out to me is no mention of extra salt - the pink kind. That will certainly help with keto flu and feeling yukky. I have had to up mine more that I ever thought possible. But it is working well.

In the meantime, have another piece of :bacon:!

Haha, thanks for the bacon.

I add sea salt and I take an iodine supplement (Atomidine).

I am going to try this bacon fat coco powered now! You know your keto when fat coco sounds amazing to eat!

Oh wait, I don’t use both. Here, I posted what I do in this thread: Keto friendly chocolate?

I had keto flu for 2 days. After day one of it, I read and read forums. I took advice for electrolytes and bought Morton lite salt 50/50 K+ and Na. My headaches almost immediately disappeared along with the hypotension upon standing.

(Tiffany) #45

Before you take out the lemon watch the you tube by Dr Berg. Why lemons are essential… he is brilliant.

(Crystal ) #46

Not sure I can add much more than everyone else, but I will say: don’t stress too much about numbers right off the bat. Limit carbs to less than 20g per day, and just eat until you’re comfortable. Your body needs some time to adapt. You can tweak in a couple weeks and find what really works for you and your goals, but for now we just want to get you into ketosis and staying there until you’re truly fat-adapted. I suspect the lemon juice as well is halting ketosis, then you ingest a ton of fat and your body doesn’t use that efficiently yet, so…STALL.
It’s SO EARLY in your journey. Toss the scale and take measurements and pics. Weighing yourself seems triggering to obsessive behavior (I know this all too well and refuse to weigh more than monthly, 3 days after I finish my period for consistent results) and it’s best to just allow your body to figure itself out without that added stress.
It seems you have an excellent attitude and are fully dedicated to giving the keto WOE a fair chance, which is commendable.
You have all the support you need here - take advantage of it!
KCKO :heart:

Thanks!! That’s very kind of you.

Darned lemons. I thought when life gave you lemons you were supposed to make lemonade? My lemonade made me fat. joke

Knowing me, I will nod and smile to the suggestions not to watch the scale and secretly watch the scale anyway… but also take measurements.

(Crystal ) #48

I hear you. The scale is really triggering for me!
I will put SO MUCH stock in that number and find myself very anxious beforehand. And if I don’t see a number I like, I am discouraged and depressed and I start to doubt everything WHEN I’VE ACTUALLY COME SO FAR!! It doesn’t make me feel good, so I avoid it.
I’m very close to my goal size (no specific number, just how I look/feel) so I’m trying to just trust the process!
It takes TIME, and it’s so easy to get ahead of yourself.

You’re right. Great outlook.

Despite feeling down about having gained, I’m glad to have found a way of eating that actually curbs my appetite and gives me such a clear mind. And I eat food I love, whereas I used to be so accustomed to starving/depriving. So, there are wins despite having gained weight.

And after all that… I lost 10 lbs. I gained 4, dropped 10, so 6lbs in total. Phew.

(Carey) #51

I bet you are but hang in there. It could be a myriad of things and ya gotta trust the process and trust your body to figure it out.

Perhaps you are low on electrolytes and thus retaining water? Keto adaptation throws off crazy amounts of sodium that carb burning causes the body to hang into. Perhaps you have lost more than you are replacing with REAL salt and retaining some fluid as a result?

Breathe deep, keep with it and Great job reaching out!

(KCKO, KCFO) #52

This is why people say weight loss isn’t linear. Do you use a trending weight app or program of any kind? They can help keep you motivated with the scale plays tricks on you.

Congrats on that result, well done you.

That sounds like the “whoosh” effect if you have heard of it? It’s where your body takes on water when it’s losing fat, waits for more fat to replace that water, fat doesn’t arrive, body flushes out the water!

Im also curious what “incredibly” and “intense” writing even really means to be quiet honest. It’s a very reasonable question I also had some problems with weight gain (ups and downs).