Keto for 4 weeks, Hi and pleased to meet you all

(Troy Dunstan) #1

Hi All,

I wasnt sure whether to share here or in fasting, so I did both, hope thats OK?
Thanks so much to everyone for sharing their questions and experiences on this fantastic forum.
I have been doing Keto since the 23rd of April this year, before that I was eating Paleo since the 23rd of Jan I started at 115kg and was just sick of getting bigger and bigger.
I have always been a major food lover and always thought I lacked self control.

The “Keto way” has changed my life! I am currently on my first fast, I am at 120 hours and will be breaking the fast tomorrow at lunchtime because it’s my wife birthday and we are going out for lunch. The crazy thing is that even though I’m breaking the fast and going to our favourite restaurant with the most amazing, yummy food, I have no desire to break it and wish I could just keep going, I work a physical job and have been working all week and feeling fantastic. I have been having 2 cups of coffee or tea with cream and occasional broth or hot water with tamari.

I have lost 3.6kg since beginning the fast and just can’t believe how amazing I feel.

Since starting Keto 4 weeks ago I have lost a total of 7kgs.
For anyone who is struggling with starting Keto here is a tip from a newbie, I have used Richard and Carls’ “2 Keto Dudes” podcasts for inspiration and part of that has been all of the fantastic scientific information that I have learned which has been great because it has helped me to understand exactly what has been going on with my body throughout the process.

As it stands today, I intend to make “The Keto Way” my way from here on in!
I love having control over food instead of food having control over me, as it has had so far for my whole life!

I am so thankful to Richard and Carl for sharing their journeys and inspiring me and so many people to gain control of their heath through this wonderful way of eating.