Keto fast support

(Barbara) #1

Looking for others interested in fasting start a full 24 hours work up 24 hours each week…
Water/ black coffee fast…
Any other takers… need a supportive network…
Start next Monday Oct 1st…

(Lonnie Hedley) #2

I’m sure you’ll find people to join you, but if your interested a lot of us participate in a monthly extended fast the third weekend of every month. No absolutes on start and stop, but the schedule is typically start after last meal/feast on Wednesday thru Sunday. Search Zornfast on the forum and you’ll see the monthly thread. You just missed September, but the October Zornfast is only a month away. :blush:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #3

I’m confused, just to clarify, you want a fasting buddy for 24 hour fasts weekly?

Plenty of people here eat OMAD, meaning they fast for 24 hours each day.

My schedule is as follows

Monday - Work out, feast
Tuesday - Fast
Wednesday, work out, feast
Thursday - fast
Friday - work out feast
Saturday and Sunday depending on how i’m feeling and what activities my families are up to I will either fast for 48 hours for just 24 hours with a meal on Saturday night.

(Barbara) #4

Sounds like you have good thing going… your fast ? Water ?

(Barbara) #5

Feast meaning… high fat, protein,

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #6

During my fast I drink water, ketoaide and coffee. I have a dash of cream in my coffee also.

Feast meaning mostly protein, yes, I don’t need to continue eating high fat as I’m letting my body fat provide fuel for energy rather than dietary fat as I am fat adapted.

(Barbara) #7

I am going to give your schedule a shot…doing a 24 hr fast is doable for me …I am not ready to tackle a 4 day fast,… you at your goal for weight loss?

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

This thread is for all IF or EX fasters looking for support and sharing during their fasts, there is one each month, this is the current one.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #9

My schedule is actually longer than 24 hours so it may not work for you.
If I feast on a Monday, I do it in the evening, and when I refeed again after working out on Wednesday in the evening again, there has been 48 hours between my fasts. Probably not the best idea for you just starting out.

(Blessed with butter ) #10

Advice please
I was fasting for 30 hours/keto coffee-and 2 fat bombs tons of water. after I was done I was up 4 pounds any suggestions?

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

If you are not at your goal weight, don’t do the fat bombs. You want your body to use the fat you have stored already.
And if by keto coffee you mean coffee loaded with HWC, coconut oil, and/or MTC oil, go to just a teaspoon of HWC or black and if you used artificial sweetener in it, don’t next time.

Use salt under the tongue when you feel you need food. Let it melt, then have water.

Make ketoaid and sip on that throught the day to keep electrolytes balanced so fasting is easier…

Oh, and have you been in fat burning mode long enough to fast without suffering? Can take anywhere from a few days to months to get there depending on your body.

Do a search for fasting tips on the forums, to get more ideas.

Good luck sorting it out.

(Blessed with butter ) #12

Thank you
Not at my goal weight 20 pounds down 60 to go
been on since august 11th Might be too soon!?
Yes keto with butter and mct a little heavy cream
fat bombs at .66 carbs per bomb
doing the salt
drinking the water

I just think I might have had too much fat and maybe it is too soon to fast. Thank you
you make me think things through.

Not an expert by any means, but I’ve read that everyone plateaus at some point, which is where the saying KCKO came from. (Keep Calm and Keto On). Good luck in your journey!

(Paula Kidonakis) #14

Does anyone know anything about super greens with water during a fast?

(KCKO, KCFO) #15

Greens cooked in butter or bacon fat are a good way to break a fast when you are ready to end a fast. But you would not be eating greens, even in a smoothy while doing a fast.