Keto Energy Snacks

So I play tennis once or twice a week. I’m a former All-American collegiate tennis player and play at a high intensity and level. When I’m playing in my doubles group which is for a set 2 hours, I tend to need some fuel to keep me going. I’m good for the first hour but then I feel my energy start to fade in the 2nd hour. I used to eat the Kind Pressed bars pre-keto and those were really good but am unsure now of what I can consume during a high intensity hitting session or match that is keto-friendly.

Any suggestions?

(ianrobo) #2

I think it is worth pointing out here that tennis will be far more Glycogen burning than endurance sports as the sport contains lots of short sprints etc.

My tip would be simple, if you have a cooler, keep cream in it and drink from that.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

In one lecture of his that I watched, Dr. Phinney speculated that athletes who did sprints probably needed a certain amount of carbohydrate before performing, but he seemed to think it wasn’t necessarily a hindrance to staying fat-adapted, because the glucose would be burned during the course of the exercise. He and Jeff Volek have done most of their research on endurance athletes, but if anyone’s speculations are close to reality, I’m sure Dr. Phinney’s are.