Keto Complaint Department

(Davy) #1681

Heh, I mentioned Keto to an old high school classmate as something he might want to look into. He about had a fit. “I ain’t in to fad diets.”
He’s quite obese and has had two strokes. He said, “I get all my energy from carbs!!” I thought, “yes, I can see that.”
I told him Keto had been around for about 1 million years or so and that high carbs, wheat, sugar, starchy carbs, etc was the fad diet; around for around 120 years.
He’s not talking right now.
Wise Chinese saying: “The teacher can open the door, but the student must walk through.”

Our obesity and diabetes epidemics are showing they can’t live with (insert addicted carb name here) either… :frowning:

(Laurie) #1683

I’m resurrecting this cool thread. My complaint:

I have too much food! I think this is a first for me.

We cleaned out the communal freezer yesterday, and I “inherited” 6 pounds (3 kilos) of ground beef. The egg lady brings me 2 dozen eggs a week, and although I eat 3 eggs a day, I can’t keep up. Plus I have other food in the fridge and freezer.

Nowadays, I eat about a pound of meat (or the equivalent) per day–and little else. I just can’t shove more than that down my throat. I probably ate more than that before, plus veggies and lots of carbs. I would have used up the extra eggs in baked goods and other recipes.

(Butter Withaspoon) #1684

This thread is amazing, I look forward to reading more Complaints :joy:

My complaint is that my elbows are smooth like fairy’s elbows. What am I going to do with last season’s gifts of skin lotions and potions? My face is smooth too! Such a burden to bear

Not keto but I am zero carb and my complaint is I feel so damn good what am I going to do with all this energy and wonderful health?

Nah, not worried, I can find outlets to live live live good with my eating plan LOL

great thread to read about success and changes!!!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1686

I have so much energy there is not enough time to walk as much as I want to.

(Connie ) #1687

I can’t wait. I was on medication to help but have quit taking hoping that it will become permanent with weight loss, keto, and fasting.

(B Creighton) #1688

All you people and your “keto complaints.” You know Nothing!!! I have to wait for the next recession to be able to afford the whole new wardrobe I need because of the inches that have disappeared into thin air! Now, won’t you cry for me? :joy:

(Jane) #1689

I had a friend who lost a lot of weight and hadn’t purchased new underwear. When she bent over to pick up a large bag of dog food at Walmart they dropped to her ankles. She could have been on People of Walmart!!! :rofl:

(Geoffrey) #1690

My wife finally, after 8 months carnivore and 33 inches smaller, let me buy some new clothes. Now I don’t look like I’m wearing parachute pants in my jeans.

(Bob M) #1691

33 waist inches?

(Geoffrey) #1692

No sir, I’m sorry I should have wrote 33 overall inches. It’s only been 7 inches off of my waist.

(Robin) #1693

Ooh, new duds!
Get out there and strut those 33s!

(Bob M) #1694

That’s still a ton. Congratulations!