Keto Complaint Department

(Allie) #1014

I’m just posting to make this into a 1000 post long thread… :rofl:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1015

(Liz ) #1016

My husband is 5’ 7” and 123 pounds at this point, he does not look skeletal though, I think he has a small frame. But yeah, he would be dismayed to lose more weight at this point. And as he’s 54 years old I can’t see him buying youth clothes so we’ll just shop online & cross our fingers stuff fits!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1017

Keto, we’ve talked about this! Why do you have me mowing the lawn in 97°/36° weather, just because I can? I know the lawn needed mowing, but I can’t even collapse because I still have energy . . . sheesh!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #1018

Mowing the lawn is one thing. I’m waiting till the temps dip down a bit before I go running. I may have to do it with my head lamp tonight as I don’t see these temps dipping until the sun goes down.

(Ashley) #1019

That’s basically what’s stopping me from getting clothes!! I don’t even know what size shirt I wear at this point! Or pants since I wear mostly track pants due to my job. Dangit keto!

(Ashley) #1020

I tried to walk my dogs, but with a puppy and a small dog we got about 10 minutes in and they were both panting. I ended up giving them water and carrying them both home lol. My puppy better enjoy that since he will be about 45lbs eventually and then he’s on his own!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #1021

My “puppy” is 94 pounds.:dog::heart:

Okay, so he’s not actually a puppy, but I still call him my puppy.

(TJ Borden) #1022

#puppyforever

Okay, I actually don’t know how the pound sign thing works, but it sounds cool.

(Ashley) #1023

That’s a big puppy. Mines 11lbs atm and already a handful. Fenced in my entire back yard for my dogs. Let them outside for a few minutes while I used the bathroom. Went outside to see he dug two decent sized holes in the ground. Gah

(LeeAnn Brooks) #1024

Ever see that Facebook video where a woman’s running with a big dog and he sees a bunch of duck in a pond and immediately takes off for them, pulling the poor girl into the water with him?

Yeah, mine has pulled me right off the road into a ravine going after a squirrel. I can handle him fine unless he takes me by surprise.

And he’s actually small compared to our last black lab who topped over 120 at his biggest.

I :heart: Big dogs! Bronson thinks he’s a lap dog too.

(Ashley) #1025

No I haven’t lol, but I can imagine it wasn’t pretty! My biggest dog was about 130lbs but she was a St. Bernard and the most dopey slow moving big dog ever. Walked slower than my moms small dogs lol!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #1026

Bet she was a great cuddler though.

(Ashley) #1027

The best!!! Who needs a pillow when you have a big dog!

(Doug) #1028

:slightly_smiling_face: My wife had a Great Pyrenees, and we’ll probably get another.

I had a really friendly 170 lb. Great Dane try to be a lap dog once. I was sitting on a couch, and he was trying to get all four of his paws on my thighs. It tickled and hurt a little at the same time, and he was wobbling all around - it was so hilarious that I was shaking with laughter, made his job all the harder.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #1029

I’ve been pinned by a Great Dane who thought she was a lap dog. She was sweet, but it was almost an hour before she would let me up.

My “puppy” is 205lb fighting weight. Its like trying to move a brick wall when he puts the brakes on. Lord knows what hed weigh if we fed him doggie sad diet #ketodog. & yup, he likes to sit on yer lap…:roll_eyes:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #1031

wow, that’s a big puppy. Makes my wonder about your user name. How well does a 200#+ dog run? My black lab is a horrible runner. He will do about a half mile and then slows right down. He gives me guilt trips everytime I go out running, cuz he wants to be taken along even though he doesn’t want to run. He prefers to be a big lazy baby, cuddling on the sofa with mama.

So serious keto gripe.
Just bought a really cool pair of capris in my new smaller size, and for once, something I bought online fit perfectly when they came.
Its only been 2 weeks and I had to order the next size down as there already falling down. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well… its more like…”short sprints with dogs followed by lotsa walking” but that was kinda long to type LOL
Hes actully suprisingly agile for a mastiff, and does zoomies like a loonie when out , wrestles around with the lil dog (85lb german shepherd…”little” lol) but then just ambles along the rest of the walk. He loves to run with me but thinks dragging you along by your sleeve is how your supposed to do it…:roll_eyes: