KETO Class of 2017

hypothyroid
newbies

(Darlene Horsley) #21

Mostly above ground veggies and whatever incidentals are in any of my homemade salad dressings and recipes. I had a huge Sweet Tooth before keto along with a huge addiction to Cheetos so now it is pork rinds to replace the Cheetos and a recipe I have for no bake peanut butter coconut (unsweetened) cookies. I’m finding that I don’t really want them or need them but for the occasional they do the job. The hardest part for me was giving up Coca-Cola, big Coca Cola drinker. I know! I know! I’m pretty sick of iced tea but I don’t even have a diet soda for fear that I will jump right back in to drinking Coke. So iced tea, sparkling water, and water is it for me.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #22

@Darlene_Horsley hahah! Cheeto-Lover’s Unite- but I didn’t get to indulge in them much. Mostly it was tortilla chips and guacamole. Now I simply dip my bacon in my guac.

I just made up a homemade fat bomb with nougatcreme, bacon fat and all-natural peanut butter. Same for me in the craving front, nice to know they are there but seldom needed.

I’m headed out now to buy the Soda Stream machine. We use to have a twist version but it broke after 5 years of use :open_mouth: With the soda stream I can make homemade electrolyte water that’s sparkling.

In my 20’s I got addicted to Pepsi in the bottle. When I was going through two six packs a day, I realized how crazy it was and stopped. The headaches were no fun at all! Now I can’t taste a coke because it’s too sweet. Wishing you the same revulsion soon🙌🏻

~Class of 2017 KCKO

(Randy) #23

No. I do VERY lazy keto. My work schedule varies. I normally get home between noon and 3PM, and I never eat at work. So that sets me up for 18 to 21 hours 5 days a week. On days off I tend to eat around 1PM and 7PM. I try to OMAD once or twice a week.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #24

@KHAN. What is OMAD?

(Damon Chance) #25

One Meal A Day…
Basically a 22 to 23 hour fast each day.

(Lily Pink) #26

I’m really impressed that you have a photo of yourself at your heaviest, well done gif sticking with it. I went to great trouble to always be the photographer so there are ABSOLUTELY NO photos of me at my fattest. I started in May , and am 2 stone lighter at this point but if you count the 4 holidays i had over the summer, I have actually lost 4 stone.I have finally learned that indulgences - a glass or two of wine,delicious bread, desserts have to be paid for in and it’s really hard doing the same wright again.
Keep posting, it’s really interesting to compare my own journey with yours
HH

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #27

@Lily_Pink oh thank you! I have also always been the photographer. As a former model (17 years) I would say it’s because I knew how to frame a shot. But everyone knew the truth!

The sad part is there are very few pictures of me over the last 10-12 years. I’m going to regret it.

So glad you are doing well! I’m off to my nutrition appointment. I’ll post more when I get back!

Welcome to the Class of 2017! :raised_hands:t2::star2::clap:t2:KCKO

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #28

Ok Class of 2017 - Drum Roll please?

10/20/17 360lbs

I am down 8.7lbs of FAT, 16 lbs overall. That’s all I care about at the moment.

I’m surprised it wasn’t more because I’ve seriously dropped 4 clothing sizes. But I’m not discouraged, I’m encouraged!

Now that I’ve started losing fat, my next goal is to get my eating patterns and foods geared towards healthy fats with leaner cuts of protein and better carbs.

I’ll bet the first to admit, I truly enjoyed the bacon, butter and cream! I know if I don’t start getting variety in my diet then I’ll get bored. And we ALL know what boredom does…

My new macro goals are 87 F/135 P/30 C which I worked out with my nutritionist. We are focusing on stopping the muscle loss (6lbs lost since 7/31/17) and balancing the fat to protein.

She explained that though the Fat Gram number is lower than protein, the fat calories are more dense and nutrient rich. This brings the calories from fat and protein about equal. Imagine that?? A nutritionist who SUPPORTS KETO?? I’m a very lucky woman.

Let me know how you’re doing!

~Class of 2017 :star2: KCKO

(KCKO, KCFO) #29

Ok you have to clone that nutritionist. Need more like her.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #30

Is 1443 calories enough to keep your basal metabolic rate up? It seems low to me.

(Bacon for the Win) #31

you got this!

(Brian) #32

Started with the keto WOE back in about the last week or July 2017. Started at 285 pounds. Not quite 3 months later, I’m down in the upper 240’s area (like 247, 248, 249). I hovered over 250 for several weeks and then, boom, 247. Considering my next goal is 245, I’ll probably hang out in the upper 240’s for a few weeks, but I’m OK with that. Almost half way to my goal of 195 pounds. Took me 16 years to put it on, not in any particular hurry to get it off other than just would like to be healthy again. Maybe by this time next year, I’ll be getting close to “One-der-land”. :slight_smile: It’s been a very long time since I could clip my toenails and breathe at the same time…

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #33

@PaulL not quite sure, is that something I should run through the Keto-calculator? It’s about what I’ve been averaging but I try not to look at calories right now.

~Class of 2017 KCKO

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #34

@Bellyman Oh, Ho Ho Ho! I just clipped my toenails for the first time in 7 years ( Yes, I was getting pedicures, don’t be crazy ya’ll!) sonfunny you wrote that.

I get jealous of guys losing weight so much easier than women. You’re so very lucky to be achieving your goal on a quick pace.

So my question to you is–what are you learning so you don’t gain the weight back?

~Class of 2017 KCKO

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #35

@NelleG Whoop! Whoop! Thanks⭐️

~Class of 2017 KCKO

(Michelle ) #36

I started Keto Jan 7 2017, it has not been an easy ride for me, I’ve lost 34 lbs gained back 7 had a really bad couple of weeks and crashed so hard :frowning: so i am putting myself through a fat fast to get back on teack, I’m so happy this blog popped up!!

I’m new around here :slight_smile:
I (re)started keto yesterday, and I am looking forward to all of the amazing benefits I received when I was following the keto WOE 5 years ago. I lost 50 pounds and was the healthiest I have ever been. I messed everything up, but I am back and ready to get back to feeling amazing once again.

I am a pescatarian, so I am eating lots of fat (so much butter and cheeeeeeese), some fish, and some green veggies. Just like last time, I am not really focusing much on macros as long as I use ample amounts of fat at every meal and eat low carb veggies. I found this WOE to be stress-free because I didn’t have to count or measure anything, which is of the utmost importance since I am recovering from lifelong disordered eating. I also loved this WOE because it is the only one that successfully I killed my food obsession.

I’m down 0.4 from yesterday, and I am currently 159.2 with a goal weight range of 120-125. In an ideal world, I would LOVE to hit 125 by my 30th birthday in late January. Whether or not that happens, I know I will enter my 30s happier and healthier by sticking to keto for life.

(Connie Moore) #38

This is encouraging!!! I have been on low carb Keto diet for about two weeks. The fatigue and pain are awful!!! I have upped my water and salt intake, not losing much weight, but not giving up!!! I have not really been counting calories, so I am starting that today!! I am waiting on when my fatigue and body aches will stop!!!

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #39

@Shellsway2003

Michelle,
How frustrating to have the up and down. What I love most about this forum is we ALL have up and down weights. There’s no escape from it, for some reason we are human and it’s a roller-coaster😉
So happy to hear you got back onto the train.

I was frustrated because I knew I had gained a bit back. So I asked myself to return to the basics-like why the heck did I stop having my awesome Protein shake with delicious Califa Toasted Coconut Almond Milk??

And I made breakfast today in addition to my Bullet Coffee. Bacon Wrapped Salmon with Brie. Because I knew jumping on a big fat dose would re-set my patterns.

Welcome to the Class of 2017! :star2: KCKO

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #40

@curlybri

Awww, I Love hearing how people were successful with Keto in the past.

I learned my sister had done Keto twice, but never with psychology or nutrition support. She’s completely giving me tons of support and reinforcing the need to work through issues.

So happy you’ve joined the Class of 2017! Congrats on the quick re-start :raised_hands:t2: KCKO