Keto Canned, MRE, Prepper Foods

I am skeptical of the zombie apocalypse and if it did come I would eat Twinkies if I had to, but what are some Keto canned goods that are worth buying?

(Hoby Bradfield) #2

Canned tuna… in water. The tuna packed in oil uses “vegetable” oil. Most canned meats will keep for a good long while. Freeze dried meats can keep for 25 years-ish. There are freeze dried veggies that are available…
MRE’s are wasaaaaay too high carb for a keto diet.
A vacuum sealer will be your friend…

Canned tuna - tip out the oil!

This week I canned my own soy beans! I got a 24 pound box, enough for 100 pint jars

Correction… CRAP tuna in oil uses vegetable oil. I’ve bought multiple brands over the years and it’s always Olive Oil.

If SHTF you would first want NORMAL foods, fatten you up until you ran out. THEN you would want all the keto stuff, put you back to healthy and in the phase of loosing all the weight you gained in step 1 it would be like eating all the original stuff twice! Think about it! It would be like a bear in the winter.

(Hoby Bradfield) #6

Tiz true, crap tuna does use veg oil. That being said, how many cans of tuna in water can you buy for the price of 1 can of tuna packed in olive oil? From my perspective, I’m trying to get the most bang for my buck… a EOTWAWKI is more about survival than health…
If you have the money to stock pile olive oil packed tuna, have a wonderful time with that… I don’t, so, I don’t.

(TJ Borden) #7

I’m all prepped. I still have about 200lbs of body fat, so I just need a supply of salt and water and I’m good for a long fast

But to answer the question, SPAM…(as the Monty python music starts in the background)

(Michelle) #8

Canned greens (Glory brand is actually quite good)
Canned tuna, salmon, sardines
Canned chicken breast is good
Olives
Spoonfuls of coconut oil satiate me.

But if the event of a zombie apocalypse, alien invasion, or nuclear meltdown, Im out of here. Going to my maker. Have fun rebuilding civilization.