Keto Cake Recipe - Advice Needed

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #1

I found this recipe:
Mug Cake

And I want to make it on a larger scale, but fluffier, like birthday cake.

I can easily do a 4x recipe, and I added extra baking powder…

Any advice would be appreciated

I’ve used this Chocolate donut recipe to make cupcakes several times…

Sometimes with Lily’s Chocolate Chips on top.

But I’ve not done a larger cake.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #3

Friend of mine is Keto and loves baking. She made this cake for her husband’s birthday and brought some leftovers into work one day. It was delicious.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

My favorite, I sub butter for the coconut oil. Moist and delicious :yum:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #5

I just made a mug cake with this recipe. It was pretty good, but dense and very filling. I also doubled the baking powder. Just thought I’d give it a try. Thanks for posting and good luck on your full size cake!

(Allie) #6

Recipes that use avocado always seem to be nice and moist.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #7

It is good. Its also pretty dense. I don’t want to play around too much or else I’ll have lots of cakes around that will have to be eaten! :smiley:

(Brian) #8

Is there something in particular that you’re trying to accomplish? I wasn’t quite clear from your original post.

Are you wanting a larger cake that you can make in the microwave? Or just a larger cake that you could bake in a standard oven? Or cupcakes?

There are quite a lot of recipes out there, and some of them are really good. Are there flavors you’re wanting? Are there particular ingredients you’re wanting to use or wanting to avoid, i.e., coconut flour vs almond flour, vs flourless, etc?

One of my favorite sites for goodies is Carolyn Kechum’s “AllDayIDreamAboutFood.com” She puts out a lot of really good stuff for free. She has some good cookbooks, too, if you decide you wanna go that route, but I suspect she’s given away 3 times what she sells for free. (Just a suggestion.)

Good luck!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #9

Mostly looking for a general chocolate cake that can be baked in the oven. This would be something for a child’s birthday. My kids all eat keto meals when at home, and I don’t intend to make/buy a SAD cake for her birthday (she will be 3).

(Brian) #10

This might be a little “off the wall” but I’ll bet this could be a fun cake with some creative decorating. :slight_smile: (Zucchini is coming into season around here and it can make for a divinely moist cake or bread.)

There are probably 100 recipes, it was just something I thought I’d throw out there.

Good luck!

(Alec) #11

Now that’s what I’m talking about… :+1::+1::+1::stuck_out_tongue:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #12

Kiddo’s birthday cake (she turned 3). 4/5 of us liked the cake. The 1/5 didn’t have a clue because he didn’t eat it.

The cake paired well with this: