Keto Bread Recipes

(karen) #1

I just tried the Diet Doctor keto bread (little rolls). They’ve got the usual composition - some psyllium husk, almond flour, eggs plus a few other things. It was nice to have ‘bread’ but my goodness, what an excellent conveyance for butter, they’re dry as dust. I feel like most of the bread recipes are for standard low carb eaters who are also avoiding fat. Since I’m not, I’d love a recipe that doesn’t feel like sawdust in my mouth. Anyone, anyone?

I use a variation of Ke-Dough to make buns:

The item on the right was an attempt at a pizza pocket, but my ratio of filling to dough was way off.

My Parmesan cheese has a very strong taste, so I cut it in half and added:

• 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 2 eggs

I also used butter instead of olive oil because olive oil gives me GI issues. I may add some psyllium husk if I make the larger ones again, as they were a bit flimsy.

Edit: I also use other coconut flour and protein powder recipes for buns/bread, some in the microwave.

(Vincent Hall) #3

Here’s mine.
1 cup ground flaxseed.
1 cup hemp heart seeds
3/4 cup coconut flour
Tsp salt
Tbls baking powder,
Tbls sweetener of choice (I use a french stevia/erythritol)
Edit, (forgot to add)
Tbls of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, ground up roughly in mini blender with some of the flax and hemp.
Tsp Spices of your choice.
I also add tsp of axthum gum, which helps hold the bread together on slicing but not stricly required.

6 med eggs
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup of oil (I use coconut)
Dash of lemon or ACV in with eggs, oil & water when whisking.

Mix dry ingredients.
Whisk wet ingredients untill as foamy as possible.
Pour wet into dry.
Fold until dry is fully incorporated into wet, leave for 3 minutes to allow absorption of wet into dry.
Line a standard loaf tin with parchment paper.
Pour, scoop your mix in and level it out.
Pop in the oven at 350f, 180c, 160c Fan for 30 to 60 mins untill browned.
It’s definitely not dry.
I cut lnt 3 pieces and bag and freeze them, Ive had em frozen for three or four weeks with no problems, Im sure they last longer.
In the fridge it’ll last a week easy, I tend to slice and toast, but eat it as untoasted as well, with liver pate, cream or cottage cheese.
Toasted chedder, etc.
I’ve always preferred seedy wholewheat rustic type breads, so this suits me. It may not suit someone looking for a white slice substitute.
\v/

(karen) #4

Thank you. I definitely like seedy breads best, never been a big WonderBread fan. This sounds delicious. Do you think I could leave out or substitute the hemp heart seeds, or are they the ‘heart’ of the recipe? It’s the one ingredient I don’t already have.

(Vincent Hall) #5

I sure you can sub out or add more of the other dry ingredients.
I made this up by adding a few things to a recipe I found somewhere on t’web.
\v/