Keto Athletes

(ianrobo) #1

OK lets start a list of those pro athletes known to be Keto

Chris Froome
Romain Bardet
LeBron James
Novak Djokovic - Now he said a celiac and cut out wheat but bet Keto/LCHF really

plenty of ultra marathoners but for this I would stick to mainstream sports any more ?

(ianrobo) #2

Skier Bode Miller
oh of course for @richard Aussie cricketers David Warner, Mitch Johnson and Shane Watson and I think a lot of the current team as well
Heard some SA rugby Union and Cricketers as well - thanks tim Noakes

(ianrobo) #3

Cyclist Nibali I wonder - http://www.bicycling.com/2014-tour-de-france/2014-tour-de-france/nibalis-weight-loss-battle ?

Tim Tebow
And I think Cam Newton, but I’ll have to check on that… nope, can’t find it.

(ianrobo) #5

I do remeber Cam Newton’s name cropping up as well

I think maybe he had something to do with Ucan. But that doesn’t mean he’s keto.

Meh, giving up looking for that

(ianrobo) #7

got it

Newton’s diets are built upon the principles of healthy fats, low carbohydrates, and high protein but note the meal plan not quite that eh ? in fact in other articles claims to just eat fish not meat and think the meals below are made up !

Meal 1

Bowl of oatmeal
Fruit
Meal 2

Peanut Butter/Jelly Sandwich
Fruit

Meal 3

Pasta or Mashed Potatoes
vegetables
6 ounces of any lean protein like chicken
Meal 4

Snack like yogurt or cottage cheese, fruit or nuts

Meal 5

Pasta or Mashed Potatoes
Vegetables
6 ounces of any lean protein

I’m going with “not keto” on him then. :wink:

(ianrobo) #9

I am going on LCHF more than Keto, bet the pasta and bread mentioned there is very small if non existent

Not a lot of HF happening either.

(ianrobo) #11

thats difficult for Cam as a non meat eater but plenty of fat within the fish of course and for him price is not an issue !

I believe the NZ All Blacks are LCHF, but they keep it on the down-low as a competitive advantage. Tim Noakes mentioned it once in relation to the Springboks, I think the All Blacks had just beaten them, and fat adaptation was cited as a possible reason for the All Blacks win

(Jeff Ryan) #13

Lebrone James is actually on a hybrid ketogenic/paleo diet.

(Justin Blow) #14

From UFC
Kyle Kingsbury retired.
Joe Rogan annoucer not a fighter obviously.
Brendan Schaub fighter.

Climbers
Dave MacLeod set what is most likely the world’s hardest climb route.
Neil Gresham one of the best climbers in Britain.

(Mike Hollingsworth) #15

Matt Brown, UFC fighter

I know at least a couple more in the UFC are but can’t remember off the top of my head. Miesha Tate was one but she recently retired.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #16

Either the person writing the article hasn’t a clue what “low carbohydrates” means, or…I don’t know. PBJ? I can’t even…

(ianrobo) #17

PBJ ???

Peter also mentioned these

Peter A. Defty The other riders were Carlos Sastre, Tadej Valjavec, Thomas Volckler, Xavier Tondo, Lloyd Mondory, and some more whom I cannot recall off the top of my head…they were seeing the results of this approach but were too timid to really reap the full benefits as then it was not “trendy” as it is now…

(G. Andrew Duthie) #18

Peanut butter & Jelly.

(ianrobo) #19

ah right, yeah as if a pro would have that, even a carber !

(ianrobo) #20

LA Lakers