Keto and “Transitioning”

(Ron D. Garrett) #1

I debated on whether or not to write this for all to see but you all know me and I’ve always strived to be transparent so if I am the truthful person that I’ve always claimed to be I MUST do so here even if it hurts me…so here goes.

I’ve been harboring a secret for some time now and it has bothered me that I’ve been holding onto it and have not shared it with all of you who have come to trust me when I post something so today I’m “coming clean” and letting the world know that I’m in the process of transitioning.

Now before you start judging me know that I did not come to this decision lightly and I am thankful that my loving wife has been by my side and fully supportive of me during this tough time for me.

My only regret is that my daughters and my sons are finding out at the same time as you all and to them I apologize and ask for their forgiveness.

Having said all of that I declare loudly yet somewhat proudly that YES I am transitioning…and YES I am doing it with boldness and confidence.

I have lived this secret long enough and it’s simply time to come out into the open so without further “ado” I hereby announce my transition from lifting very heavy weights to lifting much lighter weights as ordered by my doctor due to the hernia that I have had for years as I continue on my awesome keto journey.

This is a tough time for me but I know that with the support of you (my family and friends) I will get through this transitioning with minimal emotional pain so I thank you in advance.

Ron “Big Black” (and I got ya) Garrett

P.S.-what the heck did ya think I was transitioning from? :joy: :joy: :joy:

(CharleyD) #2

Got me :rofl:

I’m agnostic about it, as long as you can get to muscle failure to provoke an adaptation, the weight is just a number!

(Ron D. Garrett) #3

This one was really just to mess with my local peeps. Every year I get them with something and this popped into my mind when I was at the gym on my first day back with orders from the doc to not lift above 350 or so :joy:.

I’m a powerlifter by nature but I’ve bidybuilded in the past so the lower weights are not an issue but it was fun to write this as I got a lot of people with it :joy: and my wife was like “really”? And my daughter called me a “goober” :joy:. Exactly the reaction that I was going for