Keto and starvations: The lack of correct food makes one hungry

I add psyllium fiber to my greek yogurt. I like it better than plain even though I do not usually like psyllium. I find it more satieting. I usually do this when I have an upset stomach or otherwise feel like I need more fiber

Then maybe let me add on one thing to consider:
When I didn’t go for keto life yet, for the breakfast, I can just grab the cookie/cracker to eat.
When I stepped in the keto ship, for the breakfast, I need to spend times in preparation?

Erm… the time cost. <_< I am not sure if I can like this, if this is the case.

(Jay AM) #23

Then don’t do it? I work 11-14 hours a day and get 10 hours off. We can’t talk you into doing something you don’t want to. I buy precooked eggs and bacon or eat fast food. I spend more because I don’t take the time to prepare. Your food is not going to go bad overnight in a cold storage. I don’t have a stove or anything to cook on and find ways to make it work. Cold meat and cheese, overnight flax seed “oatmeal”, microwaved scrambled eggs with cheese and butter, hot water with a bouillon cube and butter or cream and salt, coffee or tea with butter and cream. Fast until dinner if that’s the only way you can do it and then have a very large dinner.

(Omar) #24

conclusion :
You have time managment issue

(Rob) #25

THIS. Self confessed lazy, picky, not very competent and still confused after being given a ton of pretty consistent advice… what’s the word I’m looking for…?

Some people don’t really want to be helped.

(Jay AM) #26

I didn’t intend to come off as mean. But, my point is, if you want to do this you’ll make it work and we can’t do it for you. If you don’t want to then, we can’t do anything. I understand being frustrated with trying to learn everything about how to do something but, you don’t have to make it so complicated. And, being picky will make things harder but, only you can do it for yourself.

If you want to do something, you take the time and and make the effort.

If you don’t want to do something you put all that energy into finding reasons not to bother.

Your choice.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #28

open a package, eat cheese, or smoked bacon, or porkrinds or whatever… no preparation needed.

“If you really want something you’ll find a way, if you don’t want something you’ll find an excuse”

“If you say you can or you say you can’t, you’ll always be right”

People are trying really hard here to help you, if you want to resist, fine… If you don’t want to improve your health and energy, that’s on you…

You need to be ready for this journey no one else can do this for you.

I suggest you try again when you found your personal motivation rather than pulling everyone here in to help you and then pushing all help away…

… Never mind. I am still trying to find the way to see where to go. It is not that I want to push all your helps away or something: I want something that really can click on my mind.

So far, some suggestions do manage to click a little bit, but any more? <_< there might be some other people who hope for effortless path also.

(Rob) #30

And they would also be fooling themselves. There’s a reason they say that nothing worth having comes easy… and keto is no exception.

Many people, myself included, would claim that it is easier to achieve health goals with keto than with other WoEs (we’ve tried a lot) but that doesn’t mean it is easy per se. Is being healthy not worth any effort on your part?

If not, you get what you deserve.

I’ve done easy… all Nutrisystem ready meals… and it was shitty, and ineffective. I’ve done hard… starve and work out… it was shitty and ultimately counter-productive. I’ve made my own keto WoE which is both effective and enjoyable for me (advance meal prep, repeat same meal many times per week, eat keto things I like). You’ve had a ton of advice across many threads… work out your own approach and try it or quit wasting your own and others’ time.

(Allie) #31

Changing your life and improving your health takes effort, that’s just life.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #32

Anyone who told you this is not being honest with themselves. Keto is a lifestyle change against the tide of society. Making that happen and making it sustainable is not easy. Changing your patterns with regards to food is hard. And maintaining that change within a carb loading society is hard.

You’ve been very resistant to making suggested changes. What’s going on, C? Why are you doing keto? Is it important?

(cheryl) #33

AGREED, and well said !

Just let’s say I want to lose fat by making my body burn fat instead of burn carb.

Healthy? Not what my concern is right now. I know I am just that twisted.

That’s why I hate this society, I hate the people who managed to make the conspiracy(high carb, low fat) work, instead of another conspiracy(high fat, low carb).

I am very twisted and selfish, and I know it.

As of me not wanting to make change, it is just that I am lazy and unwilling to make too much change on my side, especially when I know that I won’t be able to hold the change for long. I am negative, I know.

That’s why I am also trying to find a way that I can get used to. Of course, I don’t deny the possibility that I am totally wrong on some aspects, so if there is any suggestion that clicks, I can accept also.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #35

Allow me to introduce a concept.
http://chadfowler.com/life,/weightloss/2011/03/15/the-harajuku-moment.html

If you have no reason to recompose your body, you will never succeed. Or any success you have will be transitory.

I am frequently an unpleasant person in real life. I am selfish. I am working on it. I am okay with you not working on it. You be you, no judgement. But, keto is a life reinvention. And you will never accomplish it without a serious moment or ten of self examination to understand the why.

I submit that this might not be for you at this moment. You may not be ready. You may not have had that moment. If you had, the above wouldn’t be true.

(Allie) #36

So you’re not willing to change what you’re doing in any way but expect fat to magically evaporate from your body?

I’m done wasting my time with this.

It is not that I want to do nothing but still expect the fat to come off. Just let’s say… Never mind. Whatever you feel.

Just let’s say I don’t mind spending some efforts, but when I don’t expect that the thing I want need that much effort. Never mind, never mind, never mind.