Keto and caloric intake

(Ely) #1

Hello everybody, I have a question that couldn’t find any answer better than ‘‘when you are in keto, you don’t eat that much anymore’’ or ‘’…, your body self-regulates’’. Let’s say that one has reached the ideal weight and body composition through keto and a mild caloric restriction with respect to the tabulated daily caloric intake. This person decides to stay in keto, but does not control the calories anymore. What happens if, for any reason, he starts eating more than his caloric intake? I’m not saying 10000 calories, just saying 200-400 cal. Is he going to gain weight again or the keto regime make him somehow able to use what the body needs and discard the rest? In this case, what is the science behind?

I have been maintaining a significant weight loss for the past eight years eating a ketogenic diet. If I overeat, I gain–regardless of ketosis.

Keep in mind that I was morbidly obese for a long time, and I have
a body that easily gains weight, so I’m just an N=1. I don’t count calories any longer because I pretty much know how much I can eat to maintain. However, I also weigh daily to insure that I’m not gaining.