Karim's muscle gain carnivore adventure

(Little Miss Scare-All) #442

We were actually sleeping, @Karim_Wassef. At least us here in the US. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Mame) #443

@Karim_Wassef didn’t you mention you have a traveling scale to weigh yourself on?

Or did I make that up because I thought it was a cool idea…

(Little Miss Scare-All) #444

I think he does have one.

(Karim Wassef) #445

The duck was actually good

I have a small travel scale but it’ll be good to get more data at home

(Mame) #446

I was wondering what you use. I may want to get one.

(Karim Wassef) #447

Wife couldn’t stop laughing though since I had to learn to balance on it with my big feet.

(Karim Wassef) #448

Asleep? Since when?

It’s that “how to sleep” vid I posted earlier, huh?

(Karim Wassef) #449

Thanks… Wish I had known that in the beginning of the trip. :joy:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #450

Since I’m back to work, I’m sleeping a lot more normally.

Are you back in the states yet??

(Karim Wassef) #451

Just landed… on the tarmac but can’t disembark due to weather issues… so clearly… keto chat

:smiley:

(Karim Wassef) #452

I’ve been hungry on this trip and now on this flight.

The satiety I feel when at home is disturbed. It could be

1. Time zone confusion
  2. Bad habit of 2MAD (breakfast) daily for a week
  3. Lack of weightlifting
  4. Excess protein
  5. Excess stress and uneasy sleep

I do not like it.

I’ve had 1/2 slice of roast beef, a 1/2 slice of cheese and a half slice of turkey in addition to the one nugget of duck… I had intended to fast.

For someone who can fast for weeks, this feels very “weak” but I know satiety is biochemical, not self control.

(Mame) #453

thanks very much.

I have said it before, she needs to start taking videos!!

(Karim Wassef) #454

Great.

I’m a very private person - not a brave Darren.

(Karim Wassef) #455

Sitting in an airplane seat for 13hrs may also be messing with my satiety? Insufficient salt intake?

So much to mess with my biochemistry.

(Karim Wassef) #456

So… it was salt and water

Once I had my pinch of salt and bottle of water, the hunger left me.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #457

I’m speed reading, but sounds like you need HOURS of sleep.

(Karim Wassef) #458

yes. I need some rest… :slight_smile:

(Karim Wassef) #459

so… I left Shanghai at 5pm on Saturday and arrived in Dallas also at 5pm on Saturday… 13hr time difference and 13hr flight…

So I have a day that’s 1.5x longer than a normal day… and I have to count eating twice in one day, even though it’s not really 2MAD.

so… heavy macros day:

The effect of the trip is that I’ve lost more weight than I thought and more of it in lean mass than I predicted (no weightlifting for a week is enough to mess it all up)

so I thought I’d be at 20.6% BF and I’m at 21% which sounds close except that I’ve lost a lot more total mass than I expected.

Dr. Darren Schmidt : Time To Update Your Keto Knowledge
(Karim Wassef) #460

I definitely lost weight and unfortunately it was heavily lean mass loss again so I need to rebuild.

Shame how quickly my weight loss comes from lean mass. I can’t seem to shake it.

(Karim Wassef) #461

Day 23

Back home feels good. Up at 5am but that’s ok, all things considered.

My stress dissipated quickly once I got a hug from my family and had my little ones climbing on my shoulders… :slight_smile:

My little home gym is calling my name but I’d probably be too loud… I’ll wait till they wake up first.

In the meantime -

So in less than 10hrs of coming home, and even after substantially overeating on fat and protein the 1.5 travel days before, my glucose is back to 66 and ketones at 2.4 …

So all else being equal, protein does disrupt things. But all things not being equal, stress seems to play a major role in my health.