Just wondering if anyone here uses or has used Milkadamia Milk

macmilkadamia

My Wife happen to come across this the other day, and was asking me if I had ever looked into it, or even knew about it. … Told her I couldn’t recall seeing it before, but pretty much guessed it would be quite similar to Almond Milks? But I think it was being advertised as a good alternative for use as a creamer for Coffee. (To which, now, I simply drink Black, even though I did always like Cream/Sugar (Equal) back before going Keto) But had no issues just switching over to drinking it without any type of creamer. But to be honest, I don’t drink it much Coffee these days, which is still odd since I used to drink it all, every day, year around. :slight_smile: … But just wanted to know if anyone here had ever tried it, or maybe has some insight to how good it is. (We basically only keep some HWC around for making sauces or simply adding to meals. But would be nice to know what others think about this product)

Thanks… Some images and link provided for anyone who might be interested in this stuff.

https://thrivemarket.com/p/milkadamia-unsweetened-vanilla-macadamia-milk?utm_medium=pla_smart&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Shopping_Engagement_Smart_Members&utm_content=858045004510&utm_term=na&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhMr2vIyK5AIVARqGCh2bwQwwEAQYASABEgLK2vD_BwE

I spotted this recently in Natural Grocers and got all excited until I read the ingredients. It seems anything with pea protein in it (even pre-Keto), gave me stomach pain. I am holding out in hopes of finding a purer form, but if you try it, I am curious to know what the taste is like…if it’s unique enough for the price lol :blush:

(Edith) #3

I use it a my house. I think it is delicious!
Currently, I am eating mostly carnivore and gave up nuts, even macadamia nuts :disappointed_relieved:, so I haven’t had any for a while. I use it for cooking for my kids. It seems to be an acceptable milk substitute.

I ordered it once from Walmart just to try it.

As far as taste and texture, my (slight) preference is:

• Macadamia milk
  • Coconut milk
  • Almond milk

But I regularly order the coconut milk instead of macadamia because of the cost. Since I mostly use it for recipes, just a little at a time, the difference ends up being lost in the shuffle anyway.

It’s delish and not ultra-pasteurized high carb gunk like most dairy milk out there!

I enjoy the original unsweetened in smoothies a few times a week, and just cold in a glass - it really hearkens to a nice cold glass of milk! I also use it to make ice cream in summer (along with HWC or coconut cream).

For some reason, it tastes pleasant and milk-sweetish - much nicer than almond milk imho.

I’m able to get 6 packs via Thrive Market or Amazon for a good price.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #6

Agreed! Quite an interesting list of ingredients for ‘macadamia milk’.

@SlowBurnMary I make high fat milk from zero carb whipping cream. You can add as much or little water as you like to adjust taste and fat%. You can also add flavour, I often add a small amount of instant coffee to mine. I also use Coffee Booster Collagen to add protein to make the ‘milk’ match my macro ratios. I think this is a much more nutritious beverage than all the various so-called ‘nut milks’ which are basically flavoured water.

Thanks for all the feed-back on this folks. I’ve personally been using the unsweetened Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze, which I find just fine and like to get some once a week, or every two weeks. (But I get the unsweetened original or Vanilla and the Wife likes the unsweetened Chocolate) But don’t have an issue checking out anything different to see if it’s something I like better. … So I haven’t checked, but availability of Milkadamia Milk might play a role too, since we’ve never noticed it at the grocery store we go to, but will definitely check into it though. If I do get some, will definitely post back here about it.

Thanks everyone :+1:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8

There can’t be much pea protein in there, it’s 1g. protein per cup. Added calcium is higher on the ingredient list.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

By contrast, a cup of heavy cream has 16 times the fat. Unfortunately, also 16 times the carbohydrate. You could drink several cups of this and stay well under your carb limit, whereas a cup of cream would bring you perilously close. On the other hand, all that fat in that much cream would definitely be very satisfying.

Well, being that most all dairy milk is ultra-pasteurized ( a whole other level than regular pasteurized, and nothing like traditional raw dairy) and largely indigestible, weaning myself onto coconut cream is my plan - except during the holidays when a local store does sell raw cream.

But for certain things, I do like the Milkadamia unsweetened, made from raw macadamias!

I don’t have a prob w/ the other ingredients like pea protein and natural flavors - as they are miniscule in amounts and I don’t have any reactions.

(Diane) #11

I’ve ordered it from Walmart and picked it up in the store. I tried the unsweetened vanilla and liked the taste better than almond milk. It is also lower carb.

I’m definitely going to pick some up as soon as I can. … I’m hearing that most like it more then Almond Milk, so I’m looking forward to trying it even more now. - As for regular Milk, I can’t tell ya how long ago it was when I had some? My Wife still picks it up from time to time, (not regularly) but I can do without it with no issues. Though I used to like the occasional cold glass of Milk from time to time, so the Almond Milk has been good for this so far. But if the Milkadamia Milk is indeed better, that would be very cool. … I also don’t hardly use HWC, except in a recipe here and there, but have never used it in Coffee as a creamer and I have never drank it straight as I’ve heard some do. … Thanks again everyone. :+1: