Just SV'd my first pork belly 🙂

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

Came out quite good :slightly_smiling_face:

So I SV’d at 150 F for 26 hrs. Rendered the fat pretty well. Seasoned it with black pepper and quite a bit of pink himilayan salt, and put a good shot of Lankanto Maple syrup in the bag too.
Seared it in a hot skillet, pour a bit more Lankanto Maple in it in my plate… I’d give it a 9 out of 10 :slightly_smiling_face:

But then while typing this, I started thinking, maybe I shoulld have torched it instead ? So guess what, I’m going to do with another strip right now :slightly_smiling_face:

Then my first ever Picanha steaks will be ready in a few hours too :slightly_smiling_face:

GF is gone this evening, so I’m just hanging out with the dogs, and having fun SV’ing / experimenting :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay, the torched Pork belly was good too… Probably looked better… But honestly, I’m thinking the little bit of charred taste goes better with beef, than it does pork ? So the skillet for the rest of it :wink:

Oh BTW, this didn’t come as a slab, but strips like this, about 3/4" thick, so I just cooked them this way. Like bacon on steroids :slightly_smiling_face: