Just starting out on keto

Hi folks! New here and hoping to find a lot of support and team to hold me accountable on my keto journey. Was recently recommended to try a keto diet due to having seizures so have been doing a ton of reading and slowly making changes in my kitchen. Looking forward to chatting with fellow keto’ers!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

Welcome! I’m a newbie, but we have a lot of experienced ketoers on this forum who will be thrilled to guide you on your journey. This is a great place to be!

Thanks for the warm welcome, Regina. Well wishes for your journey as well! :blush:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #4

I’m at nine weeks. Lost ten pounds…all in my legs:rofl: But the food is wonderful. I’ve always loved bacon and fatty foods so this diet works for me. I am a normal weight, but need to lose a belly and lower my triglycerides. I’m 60, so it’s now or never. Everyone here is very informative and patient, so you can feel comfortable asking anything. They all will be along soon. Again, welcome.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #5

How long have you been having seizures? Did your doctor try medication first?

That’s great - 10 lbs lost in 9 weeks! Keep doin’ what you’re doing! :wink:

Have had seizures since childhood but not frequently. Was on meds for a little while but recently taken off. Have had a couple docs tell me to try ketogenic diet and see if that makes a difference. Hoping it does work.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #8

How are you doing?