Just sayin

(Jennifer M Worth) #1

A. I have a new affinity for my calf muscles. Dude, I can feel them with my fingers. Thank you Keto.
2. Can anyone tell me why I have to drink so much water all the time to avoid a headache?(of course I do it) Is it actually possible that the carbohydrates HYDRATE? Sheesh
C. I have only lost 20 pounds but I am MUCH smaller. Like the scale is moot at this point because I’m a happy, calf touching, water drinking, fat burning machine baby! Thank you keto.

Hi.

(Chuck) #2

I truly understand, I am doing low carb and intermittent fasting and I am seeing the same results. The scale isn’t moving near what I would expect for how much improvement I am seeing in my waist, and thighs. I am a 75 year old male that has always had issues with my waist and upper thighs being flabby.

It was my shoulders first with me. I actually had bones in there! The progress we can feel is much more important than what the scale says, albeit in the long run the weight does matter. No reason to make it the sole focus, the little victories one can touch mean so much more.

(Doug) #4

:smile::slightly_smiling_face:

(Edith) #5

If you are recently new to keto, your body has been burning off your glycogen stores. Using up your glycogen allows your body to start burning fat. You lose water along with those stores. If I recall correctly, we store 4g of water for every 1g of glycogen. If you increase your salt intake, it will help you hold on to some of the water and help keep you from getting dehydrated.

BTW, I liked your counting A, 2, C. :laughing:

(Jennifer M Worth) #6

Thank you so much! I didn’t think anyone caught the question cuz I was being silly. :raised_hands: