Just realized how much 51 pounds is

Since April 8 I have lost 51 pounds. Feel great and all that good stuff but it is still hard to fathom because it’s been slow and taken months to lose.

This past weekend I had to move a 50-pound air compressor and it finally dawned on me.

I’ve lost an entire air compressor from my butt, belly, thighs, etc.

Talk about incentive to carry on.

25 more to go. It can be done.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

You might enjoy this thread:

(Ken) #3

You can also think about it in term of volume. One gallon of fat weighs about six pounds. Sixty pounds of fat is two five gallon buckets.

(Alex ) #4

@GentleBen

another way of thinking about this is to consider that when you were 50 pounds heavier, you were essentially walking around all day with 22.5 kilo kettlebell on your back… and thus doing a weights workout 24/7 !!

I currently struggle to get through a 12kg 15 minute workout currently, and I’m pretty fit !!

(Michelle) #5

I picture 50 lbs as a big bag of dog food!

Yes! Had a similar thought a couple of weeks ago: I was carrying a 40lb bag of lime to my backyard and realized how much more pressure I felt in my knees and ankles…Yet, 6 months ago I was carrying a 45lb “bag” around with me everywhere! I’m very happy that I got to set it down!

(KCKO, KCFO) #7

I lost the same, some before keto but most of it and keeping it off keto/lchf WOE. It is a bale of hay and a guinea pig.

Feels great to not have to lug that around all day, it gets hard to not drop the guinea pig off the top of the hay bale. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Carl Keller) #8

Imagine carrying around a 50 lb bag of sand all day, every day. Putting it down feels amazing.