Just introducing myself :)

(Laura) #21

Hi LindsaySue, I still have it for breakfast. It did help and I will probably do it again for 2 meals. I love the eggnog and chocolate toffee flavors.

Right now, I am recovering from a broken fibula, so I am trying to eat more protein than usual.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #22

Good luck on the healing. FWIW, my daughter’s orthopedic surgeon said that bone healing is an inflammatory process, so we shouldn’t use Motrin/Ibuprofen. Protein should still be ok (IMO).

(Laura) #23

Thank you. I am not really in pain, so I have not taken anything for it. This no weight bearing is for the birds though. I am a mess from the crutches, plus my balance is not working. Thank goodness for the knee scooter.

I did increase my vit D and Magnesium and hope that helps the healing.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #24

My child was not-weight bearing for a good 6 months or so. Not so easy for a 3 year old. She did love pushing herself in her wheelchair. Glad you have a knee-scooter!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #25

It’s interesting that they have you non-weight bearing, as the fibula already doesn’t support much weight. Sometimes weight bearing will actually help the healing process, as it can promote new bone growth. But with the surgery my daughter had, bearing weight was out of the question (and believe me, she tried to walk).

(Laura) #26

I know! The ortho said that even though I didn’t need surgery, she considers the fracture to be unstable, so no weight bearing. It is a spiral fracture, so I think she is being conservative.

I cannot even imagine trying to keep a 3 year old non weight bearing.