Just how much vegetation should I consume per day?

(Patricia Gregory-Danlake) #1

I understand the concept of keto-75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carb daily intake. How do these percentages look in terms of servings? How many servings of veg, how many servings of protein, etc.?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #2

It’s not fixed. You could look at the Atkins 3 cups rule. 3 cups of leafy greens or 2 of leafy greens and 1 of non starchy veg. Then your protein serves could be chicken thighs on the leafy greens or steak or eggs. Different proteins have different densities so may take larger or smaller portions. Fats need planning unless you’re eating fat rich meat (short ribs, pork belly, shoulder, etc).

(Cristian Lopez) #3

according to “dr Berg” 12 atleast ,but it depends on your goals

(Karen) #4

I measure my leafy but wilt them. Probably losing some nutrients and definitely water. Some make blueberry, greens smoothies. Watch the net carbs in blueberries.

K

Also wonder this. I’ve been eating veggies mostly every meal but I sort of just eye ball what looks good. Last night I had half my plate with stir fried cabbage and a spinach salad. I’m not taking a multivitamin at the moment and wonder if I’m getting enough micronutrients in my veggies.

none!

(Lonnie Hedley) #7

You don’t need vegetables. You can get everything you need from animal products. If you want vegetables, just factor them into your macros.

(Catya) #8

I’m noticing, as a newbie, that my veggies are in short supply. However, there are numerous threads and information here that note you are able to get the necessary nutrients through the meats. If you are concerned, you can always supplement :slight_smile:

(Karen) #9

Eric Berg feels greens support the liver. 7 cups greens in salad. Moo. Lots of chewing.

K

Most days, I don’t eat any.

Nothing really wrong with a salad, it’s likely not going to knock you out of ketosis. I had a nice cobb salad out last night with boiled egg, avocado, grilled chicken, bacon, and a butt load of blue cheese.
Rated “PG” for “Pretty Good.” Actually, my now-elderly mother used to think that’s what the movie rating meant, as in “you can go see it, it’s ‘pretty good.’”