Just chaffle recipes: savory

The existing chaffle thread is eight miles long with more comments and observations than recipes (loads of those but not easy to navigate. I propose to do a thread JUST for your favorite savory chaffle recipe. Please add the recipe instead of just a link. I think we can ASSUME everyone knows how to cook chaffles in this thread.

I will start with my favorite, the EVERYTHING BAGEL chaffle.

1 egg
2 t everything bagel seasoning
1 t baking powder
1 T almond flour
(combine above and add)
1 CUP grated mozzarella

makes 4 in a dash maker. I serve with cream cheese and chives.

Chaffles - so good
(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #2

Chaffles for make-ahead packed sandwiches - very breadlike, neutral flavour (ie neither eggy nor cheesy!):

Blend with an immersion blender:

3 large eggs
6 tablespoons grated mozzarella
1tsp butter (crucial - or they’ll stick!)
Just under half a teaspoon baking powder

Makes 4 standard square waffles (for sandwiches for 2 people).

(I prefer other things to chaffles for dessert, but this recipe is so neutral-tasting that on the one occasion I had them with lemon juice and Splenda they were excellent.)

(Edited for clarification on the size of spoon)

I almost always do the same chaffle recipe (10g cheese + 25g egg + 10g cheese). It’s what I put on top of it that determines savory or sweet. For savory, it’s usually a Jalapeno cream cheese, and then used as-is or for a sandwich.

(Eric) #4

Bacon Chaffle

1 Extra Large Egg
1 T almond flour
1/2 t baking powder
35g shredded cheese (I’ve used both mozzarella and cheddar, both good)
1 t real bacon bits (jarred is fine, fresh crumbled better)

(Candy Lind) #5

Used this recipe minus the bagel seasoning, and added salt and just 1 drop sucralose for my first Chaffle attempt. Filled with sharp cheddar, bacon & sausage. :heart_eyes: YUM! :heart_eyes:

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

If anyone has recipes for protein powder in their chaffles, please share them. DH needs to cut back on cheese. Hoping we can still do chaffles, without the overloaded cheese. A tabelspoon is okay but 1/4 cup and upwards isn’t working for him right now.

When I make a batter, I often do 20 grams of shredded cheese and 20 grams of protein powder per egg. It reduces calories and ups my protein intake. When I make a batter, I always put the shredded cheese in my Magic Bullet and turn it into a powder. So it’s just another “flour”, made up of proteins and fats. So you could use all protein powder, no cheese, but add some fat – butter, coconut oil, whatever.

But … without cheese, it’s just a waffle. And there are lots of recipes for that. Just google “keto protein powder waffles”. Here’s one from Keto Connect:

Edit: Also, if you have a favorite “mug cake” or “muffin-in-a-minute” recipe, it’s likely that the batter could be used in the mini-waffle maker.