Join this thread! CONDITIONS KETO CAN HEAL OR CURE

(KCKO, KCFO) #273

Actually sugars have been in both animal and people’s diets for as long as plants have been producing fruit and bees making honey. Not sure when mosquitoes evolved, but if sugar attracts them, then they would have had plenty of animals, including us to snack on.

(Daisy) #274

In 1998, long before science backed me up (though it does now back me up!) I had a life altering hypothesis that mosquitos were more attracted to a specific blood type (O+). 90% of people that I personally asked after having this great revelation, who claimed to be full course mosquito buffets, claimed to be O+, with the other 10% claiming to be either A+ or had no idea their blood type, further supporting that hypothesis. We O+ people apparently have sweeter blood. Someone ask me how I came to my original hypothesis…

(Doug) #275

A- here and I wish they would leave me alone. I guess I need to exhale less carbon dioxide, to start with.

Personally, my blood tastes really metallic - like copper with iron.

(Jane) #276

O- here and mosquitoes LOVE me. My Dad who is O+ they leave completely alone.

He laughs and says he is “too sour” but he is the sweetest man in the world!!!

(Blessed with butter ) #277

All of the above and I don’t sleep at my desk anymore. mid day nap !!!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #278

Yeah, I meant refined sugars, should’ve been more specific! And modern fruits have been bred to have more sugar than they naturally have. So even if people weren’t eating keto, they weren’t as sweet as they are now.

Me too, don’t know whether I have the HLA-b27 but I have AS and discovered low carb as a result of AS articles. Know on KETO and no longer need NSAIDs. Also ditched the blood pressure meds. I also use an inversion table to stretch my spine.

Improved concentration and no eye strain when staring at a computer screen for hours. :sunglasses:
Also I noticed that night time driving was becoming an issue with glaring headlights and eyes not adjusting but now no longer an issue.

Take the snob bit as a compliment - it’s just a reaction of jealous people. In any response.

(Beth) #282

That is awesome!

(Wendy) #284

Thnx for the honest giggles! Im loving this forum

This thread but has been very interesting reading. Makes the point that Keto is more about better health and not just about losing weight.

For me personally, after 15 months on Keto:

• Reduction in cognitive decline. I still have trouble with short-term memory, but no longer have trouble recognizing people, or getting time and places mixed up. I also think more clearly. A big improvement! This is the main reason I started Keto and the reason I will always stick to this WOE.

• No more joint pain. I used to have constant pain in my previously injured knee and shoulder. No more pain!

• No longer require sleep apnea machine; confirmed by sleep test and approved by doctor.

• Better quality sleep.

• Lost about 80 lbs in weight and 13 inches off my waist. Body fat went from 38% to 17%.

• Cardiologist took me off of BP medication.

• Fantastic energy levels.

• No more sugar cravings.

(Anne Peters) #286

I had what I considered to be gall bladder attacks long after I had my gall bladder removed. It took years before I was diagnosed with Sphincter of Oddi disorder. It mimics gall bladder attacks and it quite painful and unpredictable. Had to be on Levsin (a GI muscle relaxer) to make them stop. I have had 3 ERCPs to fix the problem which worked temporarily. Then this last March I started eating low carb - the attacks stopped! Twice since March I have gone off low carb (on vacation and recently with too many Christmas cookies around) and have had a return of the attacks. This seals it for me! The resolution of the Sphincter of Oddi problem lies in not eating carbs - not in risky procedures and medications. So happy to have the cure under my own control. Whether or not I lose another pound, having that problem solved makes low carb worth it completely!

(Diane) #287

While I’m still recovering, eating ketogenically has really helped with my chronic fatigue and pain (fibromyalgia).

(Empress of the Unexpected) #288

Probably posted this before. But now I am at nine months - and everything has improved. GI issues. Hunger issues (mostly). But the most amazing thing is no more sleep paralysis, and no sleepwalking. I know, that sounds really weird, but I have had sleep disturbances since I was a toddler.

Trigs cut in half. FBG 10 points lower (in the 80s.) So “lean,” according to my doctor, that he has ordered a DEXA scan out of caution.

Wish I had known about Keto years before. Hope to have new victories to report in the coming months.

(T Js) #289

Same here. I realized early on that my heartburn and seasonal allergies were improved, but it wasn’t until almost 6 months of keto that I finally realized my planter fasciitis also went away because of keto (I was giving a few new pair of shoes more credit than they deserved(.

(Kristen Ann) #290

Systemic Vasculitis
Raynauds Syndrome
Sjogrens Syndrome
Bier Spots
RA

(Jane) #291

My husband hasn’t been able to drive at night for years due to his poor night vision and his eyes not adjusting after glaring lights.

This morning I was driving to the airport because it was dark and he was AMAZED at how well he could see at night now! He kept telling me all the things he could see at night he wasn’t able to before.

He credits keto :heart_eyes:

Unexpected Benefits of Keto
(Diane) #292

Have a :heart:! (I’m out of likes again).

(KCKO, KCFO) #293

Wow that is an awesome result. Hope my husband reports this change.