Jimmy Johns Unwich

(Scott) #1

Man, I had a Jimmy Johns Italian unwich for lunch. Delicious! Didn’t even miss the bread. If you’re looking for a great and delicious low carb fast food option…look no further. Loved it

I love them, but in the end, I always think to myself, “I could have made something like this myself for a lot less…”

And I do find them problematic to unwrap while eating. Unwrap too far and it falls apart. Unwrap not far enough and my bite includes some paper. It feels strange to use a scissors while eating. Sometimes I’ve taken all the paper off, laid it on a plate, and cut it in half. Then I could more easily grab a half and eat it.

(Bob M) #3

I wish more places were like this.

(Scott) #4

Can be…I ate it neanderthal style. Washed hands, unwrapped, ate like a sandwich by totally removing the paper. No shame in my game lol

(Jane) #5

Love them!

(Jane) #6

Five Guys will do a lettuce wrap for their burgers also, although I just get it on a plate w/o the bun and eat it with a knife and fork

(Bob M) #7

I do get a lettuce wrapped burger at 5 Guys. The most lettuce or other greens I eat in a week or more! :wink:

(Bob M) #8

What I wish I could find is a sub place with lettuce, as in JImmy Johns. Also, a pizza place that has low carb pizza, actual low carb not “fake” low carb. I live near New Haven, CT, though, so we can get wood-fired, coal-fired, you-name-it (other than Chicago-style deep dish) pizza that’s fantastic, everywhere. But none of these places has taken the plunge into low carb.

(Scott) #9

Do you have a Blaze Pizza nearby you? They have a low carb crust that’s pretty good/respectable.