Jillian Michaels talks about Keto

Another moron that VERY obviously has zero clue “Ketosis is a considered a state of medical emergency” OK dipshit!

(Olivia) #22

I sort of like Jillian Michaels but not when it comes to her nutritional advice. However, she seems to have shifted from a traditional “fat-is-bad” stance towards a healthier approach. I also like her focus on fitness, emphasizing strength over thinness. So, there’s a lot of good advice regarding mental and exercise aspects of weight loss just don’t go to her for keto-advice.
Another thing to consider is who she is speaking to i.e. who are her clients. Do want to get ready for bikini season or heal your metabolic issues?

(Karl) #23

Whenever you think of people like Jillian Michaels, you have to understand their motivations for posting what they post. She’s built an empire doing the things she does, and she needs to make sure she has plenty of people who will believe that the only way to being pretty and youthful is to subscribe to her way and buy her exercise videos.

It’s just like weight watchers. They make truckloads of money with their formula, yet their statistical success rate is ridiculous - like 1 in 500 people. They have a vested interest in making sure everyone sticks to all that carby stuff - just like Jillian and all the carb-peddling companies do. You can’t really fault them for it, they have a brand to protect - and that brand is nothing without obese people there to throw money at them.

(Debbie Johnson Blouin) #24

Ketoacidosis is the medical emergency, not ketosis. Ketoacidosis afflicts Type 1 diabetics and some Type 2s who no longer make insulin. Ketosis is simply a different.fuel source: rather than glucose, the body uses ketone bodies.

(Debbie Johnson Blouin) #25

Yes, it does. It’s important to pay attention to those guidelines.

(TJ Borden) #26

Those aren’t @matt’s thoughts, he’s quoting what others have said to point out how stupid it was.

(Debbie Johnson Blouin) #27

Ah! Got ya! I wondered!

(Sarah Slancauskas) #28

Totally agree. I like her fitness focus and some of her DVDs are actually very effective. As a nutritionist she is out of her depth and is unreliable but for exercise she is good. I use her DVDs along with Ilaria Montagnani (Powerstrike) and Cathe Friedrich. Ilaria is in incredible physical shape but she’s a vegetarian and eats a carb heavy diet! But her opinions on nutrition do not distract form the fact she is a superb, top-level fitness trainer, and I kind of feel the same for Jillian Michaels. Her peculiar take on food doesn’t mean at everything she does is bad.

(Alec) #29

I just don’t like the woman. She would say anything to make more money.

(matt ) #30

That was quoted directly from her post. I am well aware of what ketosis and ketoacidosis are and that they are not the same.

(matt ) #31

That quote is also form her article. Not me. So your issues are with her ideas, not mine.

(Edith) #32

I don’t think her take on nutrition is peculiar; unfortunately, it’s mainstream. Although, I do like her exercise videos, as well.

(Debbie Johnson Blouin) #33

You seem a bit defensive. You did not make it clear in your post that it was a quote. You didn’t put it in quotations or use a “Michaels says:” sort of thing.

Chill out.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #34

Again, why do “they all” call it a high protein diet? It’s not. And last time I checked, I haven’t cut out berries. Reading stuff like this is frustrating!

(matt ) #35

You came after my posts so I am not sure what you want me to chill about.

Did you read the article before commenting? It would have been even more clear that I was quoting the article.

Considering I am an admin its a pretty safe bet I know what ketosis and ketoacidosis is.

Play nice please.

(TJ Borden) #36

I think tone may have been lost in the text. @matt is one of the chillest dudes on here.

(matt ) #37

Thanks TJ. I have no interest is starting anything here. That is never my goal.

(Debbie Johnson Blouin) #38

I am not playing anything. You were unclear. I misunderstood. Now, let it go.

(Dan Dan) #39

LoL got bored :crazy_face:

so I read her post “The Truth About Keto” and I’m glad I Did :thinking:

To sum it up keto the way others do it is not sustainable or healthy but her version of keto is perfect.

“Yes, I’m gonna do it. I’m gonna infuriate the keto community. I am brave enough to incur their wrath and outrage because I don’t believe in this diet that much.”

That statement says it all ‘she might have a messiah complex’

Her version of keto (non-Keto but some times in ketosis) does not promote fat adaption and uses calorie restriction with poorly timed IF combined with poorly controlled insulin and requires exercise 4-5 times a week. :scream::crazy_face::open_mouth:

Like all Con Artists she uses enough truth to mask her deceit. :open_mouth:

(TJ Borden) #40

There’s really no reason for her to abandon CICO. That’s how she made her fortune.