Jeff’s accountability thread

(Jeff) #57

Last night I was so sick, I mean violently sick. From both ends, I know TMI. I literally thought I would die. Anyway. Feel much better now, but I am craving pizza now. But I will stay strong. I am drinking high 5 drink.

(Carl Keller) #58

Average lipids in patients hospitalized with coronary heart disease (N=136,905). 104 LDL, 161 Trigs, 39 HDL

(Jeff) #59

12 weeks done, very happy with these results.
And I now know I can do this for a long time.
And I now have no short term goal.
But I have set myself a goal of 15% body fat.
But this keto lifestyle is great.

(Doug) #60

Wow, Jeff, well done! :slightly_smiling_face: Hammerin’ it…

(Diane Dupree-Dempsey) #61

I love how you started off with - I am doing this for 12 weeks and ended up saying you were staying on the keto path!

(Karim Wassef) #62

Excellent! Congratulations!

(Jeff) #63

Some definition coming through.

(Karim Wassef) #64

I see you’ve got the vacuum sides too. I can’t figure out how to get that to extend to the front - so I’ll be looking for any tips there. :smiley:

(Jill F.) #65

@Jeffmac69 you are doing so great! I knew if you stuck with it for 12 weeks you would convert to a true keto lover! I was same way, addicted to carbs, cake, bread, pizza. I told hubby I will try it for a month thinking full well I would die or not be able to hang more than a week. It is so awesome I am at month 5 and no going back! In fact I ate 1 bite of birthday cake recently and it was way too sweet and I felt exhausted afterwards. Not worth it to me. And going to buy a whole new wardrobe to accommodate the almost 40npounds I have lost has been the best “problem” I have ever had! KCKO my friend!

(Marianne) #66

Dude, you’re shredded! Way to go!

:grin:

(Jeff) #67

Thanks for the positive comments. Loving keto.

(Jeff) #68

Now I am on another 12 week cycle I really want to ramp up my fat burning. I do weights mon, wed & friday.
I do 20 mins rower every tues, thurs & sat. Along with the rower I do core exercises along with my biceps & triceps.
But I have seen cardio is not the most effective for fat burning.
I am looking for suggestions to replace my rowing days to really target my fat stores.
Thanks.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #69

@Jeffmac69 Raw.Whole.Ginger.Root.
Testing enhanced fat burn with raw whole ginger root

(Jeff) #70

I am now going to try a new training routine, it’s called 5 x 5.
Not tried it yet but will report back. But I feel anything which shocks my body with exercise will be good.

(Jeff) #71

Making good progress,

(Jeff) #72

Some nice upper definition coming through. Still Early stages, but happy with progress.

(Jeff) #73

I’ve done so good lately that I rewarded myself with a mainly non keto day, or as I now call it “donut day” I basically had a day of eating high carb foods if I felt like, as well as keto foods, but the donuts were divine. But it was only planned for one day. And I stuck to that.
After a week I checked my weight and body fat and my weight is up a small amount, but my body fat is lower. So I feel good at the moment. And i’m Sure I will other “donut days” in the future but I will always stick with keto.

(Jeff) #74

17 weeks and still going strong.

(Jeff) #75

4 months done.
What have a learned ?
I love this way of life.
There will be days when I choose to eat carbs, and I make this choice.
But more importantly I don’t feel guilty as I still really enjoy certain carb rich foods, but I treat this more as a reward for my hard work.
So I will be having one day a month where I have a day off keto.
For me this will make it more manageable. And most importantly sustainable. I feel like I now have a more healthy relationship with food and that includes carbs.
But most importantly this works for me.

(Jeff) #76

Sadly due to personal circumstances I have veered off the keto path. I do intend to get back on, but at the moment my diet is very unketo. But one positive is I am killing it at the gym. I have gained weight but still in reasonable shape. But I am setting a goal to get back on the keto path sometime in August.