January 2017 Zornfast

(Mark) #132

How’s the not eating going for everyone?has anyone else noticed how many cooking shows and food commercials there are on TV,never paid attention til I started fasting, no wonder everyone is getting fatter and sicker,food needs to stop being a hobby,let’s go back to stamp collecting

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #133

@Bacon
Believe me, I notice. I prefer Internet to television, especially while fasting. Also reading or lifting at the gym. In warmer months, walking, swimming, and my motorcycle. Staying indoors anywhere with a television is torturous.

Very good observation, Bacon. I came to that conclusion, too, during fasting.

(Mark) #135

Holding out til 11 to see if I want to eat or go to bed hungry,think I might just have another tea,I sleep better on an empty stomach,but a definite wave is coming on I think it’s thinking about the four days,thanks for coming up with this idea of a group fast it is a good reason to begin,hit the lowest weight I’ve seen in 20 years and blood sugar and pressure looking good

(AnnaLeeThal) #136

Not eating is going ok for me. I’m sticking with the fat fast. I had a cold brew Starbucks coffee with a little heavy cream. Tea with coconut oil. Duck broth with butter.

I feel like I could break the fast tonight if I wanted to, but I’m going to push through to tomorrow morning at least.

(AnnaLeeThal) #137

I like to torture myself by watching cooking and food shows while fasting.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #138

That is FANTASTIC!! So happy for you. Good work!

(Ann) #139

Brenda, would you be able to explain what we are allow to consume on the ZornFast? I did a search on the internet, but found very little about the topic. I’m interested in joining in for February.

You did the right thing, Brenda. One reason I do fasting is to learn to “listen” to my body. Now I know what real hunger is. And you listened to your body when you broke your fast. Bravo. Becoming more in control and navigating your body through better health is the ultimate goal. Not obtaining an arbitrary number of hours in fasting.

(Karin Smith) #141

I need some help with acronyms please…ZC I’m guessing is zero carbs but the others have stumped me! LCHF…got that

(Karin Smith) #142

What’s OMAD please?

(Mark) #143

One meal a day

(Scott Shillady) #144

Acronyms wiki

This is a link to all of the keto acronyms

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #145

Meh @Fiorella
I wasn’t hungry, only stressed.
I want the time I fast relaxed and relatively stress free. It normally is. I picked an anxiety provoking week. Next time I’ll go the 3 days I have faith in. The ultimate for my personal autophagy, visceral fat burning, and HGH release.
Next time :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #146

@Ann1
There are no rules. Some here do a fat fast, where they eat fat to help them through (butter in broth, etc).
I do a water fast and allow plain unsweetened coffee and tea. The reason for this is because my main reason for fasting is improving insulin sensitivity.
It depends on what you feel you can manage, and your personal goals. I normally fast 3 days, others do more or less. Whatever suits them.

(Adam L) #147

Hi Karin, that’s one meal a day

(AnnaLeeThal) #148

I did nearly 72 hours. My longest fast yet. I can most definitively see myself doing a longer fast as I really was not hungry today. I was especially not hungry, and quite comfortable and feeling great this evening but I had been making Pho since yesterday and planned to break my fast with that tonight.

I’m 80 hours into my fast, water, 2 cups of coffee, and two diet cokes a day. I’m going to extend my fast to 7 or 14 days if I can. I’m obese, T2D, HBP, and psoriasis. I’m trying to kick start keto and reduce my insulin levels.

Stopped after 7 days. Nice weight loss and hopefully some other good stuff happened in there.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #151

YOU KNOW IT!