Jalapeno ParmCrisps by Kitchen Table Bakers

(Carol E. ) #1

I found these at Publix and I was hoping these would rock my world. Not so much. :neutral_face: My heat-O-meter is a tough sell, lol. On the positive side, they are really crunchy and seem to be more solid than Whisps.

(Stan Brooks) #2

I saw those too. Thanks for the report.

They have something similar at Costco, they’re good. Especially with salami

(Robert Hollinger) #4

OMG yes! They are a bit pricy at the grocery store but OH so good! They also have sesame. And they have larger crisps that look like crackers that have flavors like italian and I think an ET flavor. Not sure how all the seeds factor in on keto but the jalapeno are awesome.

I’m probably going to stock up on some of these to bring on a cruise to use in place of bread on the table with some butter or tapenade… :slight_smile:

(Candy Lind) #5

Parm crisps are so easy to make, why buy them?

Parmesan Crisps

(You could leave out both the peppers and the provolone in this recipe and just make crisps with the Parm.) Since you can crisp up cheddar slices in the microwave, I’m wondering if you couldn’t just make Parm crisps 4 or 5 at a time on a plate in the nuker, as well? I may try that today. :innocent:

(Robert Hollinger) #6

because you can keep them ready to go on the shelf for a long time if need be and always have a quick safe snack that doesn’t require planning? plus they are cleaner than the ones you make yourself as those tend to be a little greasier. sometimes you want the extra fat but driving down the road on a long road trip it’s better to be wearing cheese crisp crumbs rather than grease…

(Stan Brooks) #7

Price. Big bag of them at at Costco cost 10 bucks.

That’s way cheap than what I can make them fresh