Jackie Graham

Originally published at: https://ketowomanpodcast.com/jackie-graham/

Daisy's latest extraordinary woman, Jackie, talks about her eventful and often stressful life and how keto has helped her considerably with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and PTSD.

Jacquelyn Graham is a convert to the Keto lifestyle with no intention of ever turning back. She has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome - hypermobility-type - and the benefits she's received from minimising inflammation in her body alone would be enough to make her eat this way for the rest of her life, but the additional beneficial effects to her mental clarity, assisting in lessening her PTSD symptoms, as well as losing weight and keeping it off are all equally welcome.

Her life has taken her all over the world and into Supreme Courts, and she's gratefully received all the gifts that came to her from those difficult experiences, including being found by her biological family as a direct result. She has spoken at events for DV LEAP (Domestic Violence Legal Empowerment and Appeals Program), the Washington DC Women's Bar Association, and Senate hearings - to share her experiences with the Hague Convention in hopes of helping those who are currently experiencing the same struggle she went through for more than a decade.

LINKS

• DV LEAP (Domestic Violence Legal Empowerment & Appeals Program) website
  • Psycopath Free on Facebook is a good support group for women and men who are trying to escape an abuser or have already escaped and are healing.
  • Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome website

The quote Jackie mentioned - “You deserve better than the worse you can stand” - was from Robin Norwood’s book Women Who Love Too Much.

Jackie’s top tip was a quote from Richard Rohr -

If you don’t transform your pain you will almost certainly transmit it.

The end quote from the show was from Jeanne C Stein -

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

(Mandi) #2

Hi @Daisy. I am just listing to this episode and I am having trouble with the quality. It is skipping and I am missing a lot of what Jackie is saying. I deleted the download (iTunes) and redownloaded and it is the same. I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience?
Thank you!

II’ll listen and then check with the editor.

If you have a couple of examples and time stamps that would be really helpful.

(Mandi) #4

Hi Daisy. I noticed it really heavily around the 27:30 mark when she is discussing her abusive marriage. Pretty much that entire segment skips.

Hope that helps. Thank you!

On it. Thanks.

I have checked with the editor. He is not exactly sure what happened - it might have been as simple as errors occurring in transfer from edit to mp3 to iTunes. He is sorting it out and will republish it asap. Thank you for letting me know. It happened over Christmas while I was away and people were on holiday etc. I think it just slipped through the net but we have caught it now. Thanks again.

The corrected version is now on the website so should be pushed out everywhere else too. Sorry for the inconvenience.

(Mandi) #6

Thanks much Daisy!

Thank you for letting me know.