Its time to finally admit something to myself.... I'm never going to be fat again!

weightloss
health

(Allan L) #21

We all work in different ways, but I can just feel it in my bones that Keto is for life.

I’ve had 1 cheat “meal” since starting in June 2017, if you can call a large tub of Ben and Jerry’s a meal. :slight_smile: And I felt physically and psychologically ill for days. Blisters in my mouth, had to take a day off work due to mental fog/low energy & 3 weeks later my ketone levels still had not recovered to the pre-cheat level, So I can honestly say that I’m never going there again.

Christmas day is approaching and I’d always said I would feast on special occasions, I’d planned all sorts of sugar treats, but have now removed them all from my shopping list. It will be a 100% keto Christmas in my house. I might eat well over my macro’s but it will be keto eating.

The longer I continue this way of life the more committed & focused I become, the healthier and stronger I feel and the easier it becomes, the exact opposite of CICO/Low fat dieting.

And finally, just bought loads of medium size winter clothes and they fit like a glove! Loving what I see in the mirror!

(Darlene Horsley) #22

Alan, you R.O.C.K! Kudos to you Sir!

(Bella) #23

Hi Allan,
I am so glad I stumbled across your post, especially when you mention that you no longer have to take your thyroid meds. Well done
Since being on keto I have had two phone calls from my doc to reduce my meds after being on them for 10 years - I AM SO HAPPY.
However, my doctor has not asked me once about what I am doing even though I have told her a few times I have changed my diet. One would think she would be a little interested or even encouraging:thinking:
But anyway, I will keep going and its good to know that it is possible to stick it to the doctors and the drug companies.
:smirk: