It happened so fast!

(Jack) #1

I know its probably just water, but my weight has definitely dropped since I began a Keto diet 2 weeks ago. I have even had some compliments from people asking if I have lost weight! However, for me, teh biggest thrill was when i was able to get into my jeans again. 2 Weeks ago that was not possible.

The biggest change though is how I see food. I no longer binge carbs and apart from porridge (oatmeal), I have not had any cravings at all. I feel more energised and will continue. My biggest challenge is thinking about what to eat. I do need more variety.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well and enjoying the benefits of a Keto lifestyle!!

Yay, grats! Yes, some of it probably water weight but itā€™s possible to lose a more than minimal fat in 2 weeks :wink: And the jeans definitely hints that things go right.

Many of us need variety. There is huge variety on keto, of course it often takes some time until one figures out these things. There are recipes and a food pic thread here, lots of keto blogs everywhereā€¦ Though beware, many blogs go into interesting directions with overly complicated sweet stuff, itā€™s not for everyone.
This forum usually have saner dishes though some people experiment a lot, I can relate, I had those times (still have but carnivore made it way easier, way less items to choose from ;))

(Jack) #3

Thanks, but what do you mean by carnivore ? Eating just meat?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Carnivore is a plant-free diet that essentially involves eating only meat. This may be limited to the meat of ruminants, or may include other animals, such as pigs, poultry, and seafood. Some carnivores will consume dairy products, but this is not considered strict carnivore, so far as I understand it.

There are also a few people who call themselves carnivores, even though they eat fruits and honey, but most carnivores do not consider this true carnivore eating, because of the high carb content of those foods.

A really strict carnivore will drink only water, but many members of the carnivore community permit themselves coffee or tea, despite their being plant products. But soda pop and other soft drinks are not considered carnivore at all. I believe that there are a few carnivores who drink alcohol, but the vast majority do not.

Spices are plant products, so most carnivores do not use them, and many carnivores report preferring their food without spices. The same with salt. Some eventually find that they have lost their taste for adding salt to their food, while others find they need salt.

(Allie) #5

Check out this thread for ideas, congrats so far :grin:

(Rebecca ) #6

Great to hear!

Excellent : )

Iā€™m 6 weeks in now. I donā€™t weigh myself ever because I find scales do more harm psychologically than good, and instead rely on how I look and feel, how my clothes fit etc.

I no longer have 3 chins, so thatā€™s a great start xD My legs look slimmer, all my oversized clothes I bought after letting myself really go for the last two years are now getting loose on me.

My belly fat is going nowhere, but I have to be realistic on that front and remind myself that it didnā€™t all get there in 6 weeks, so itā€™s not gonna come off in 6 weeks ; )

Most important is that I feel a million times better overall. My focus has come back, I sleep well, and my mood is vastly improved. And another plus is that monitoring my food intake so closely in conjunction with eating better overall has allowed me to unearth some sensitivities I never knew I had before!

(Allie) #8

Everything else will click into place, youā€™re focusing on the right things :heart:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Very important to keep in mind, yes.

I found that the fat left in reverse order of its arrival, for what itā€™s worth.

Yep, Iā€™ve always found that to be the way. First it comes off the face, then the boobs, then the legsā€¦ eventually itā€™ll come off around the middle (hopefully!) Iā€™m peri-menopausal, so thatā€™ll factor into this being a lot tougher now though I should imagine.

(Marianne) #11

Welcome! So happy you are enjoying keto and experiencing its benefits! Best to you!

Sorry @JackLondon. I appear to have inadvertently highjacked your thread o_O

There are loads of people who say they are on a ā€œpaleoā€ diet that eat some fruits and honey but most of these clearly have no idea (a) what are many paleo ancestors ate and (b) how unrelated todayā€™s fruits are to paleo era fruits. Definitionally, a carnivore ā€œā€¦feeds primarily or exclusively on animal matterā€

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

The name ā€œcarnivoreā€ isnā€™t completely satisfactory, when applied to people. The other main term is ā€œzero-carb,ā€ which is also not completely satisfactory. Meat contains a certain amount of glycogen, so the diet is not strictly zero-carb, and some carnivores eat dairy products, which is not in accordance with the strict definition you give of what a carnivore is.

So a certain amount of inexact terminology is inevitable, I suppose, and we just have to live with it. Oh, well, I suppose we have to grant the paleo people a certain degree of latitude, as well (moreā€™s the pity, lol!). :rofl:

(Jack) #15

I love youor attitude and agree with the no weighing on the scales scenario!

(Jack) #16

no need to apologise, eveything you have written makes sense!

(Jack) #17

Thank you so much!

(Jack) #18

Thank you Paul. Appreciate your post.

Great stuff mate. well done

It definitely works Jack, so keep at it.
I was classed as obese BMI wiseā€¦now in the normal BMI bracket.

Hereā€™s a snapshot of part of my trend of weight loss (although it doesnā€™t show start point which was even higher in weight (kilos).