Is there a popular blood test machine (that does blood sugar levels & ketone levels)?

(Bansaw) #1

Just wondering if there seems to be a consensus in the community that recommends a blood test machine, one for which you can get blood sugar strips and ketone strips…

My doc told me that hers actually didn’t hurt too much because the needle is so tiny… which encourages me! She got Keto-Mate I think.

(Ron) #2

http://www.novacares.com/

Cannot comment on accuracy.

I use Keto Mojo. It does both and seems to work well.

(Jonathan) #4

I purchased this a week ago and seems to do a good job. It puts the info onto your phone via bluetooth after downloading the app so you can track progress through graphs etc

(Marta Loftfield) #5

I use the Precision Xtra

My Keto Mojo is great too.

(Kaiden) #7

What’s the failure rate of the Keto Mojo? I ask because I’m considering buying myself a Father’s Day present, as the Nova Max is E-4 maybe a third of the time. I’m sick of using two (or more) strips per test.

(MooBoom) #8

I use the Freestyle Optium Neo, no issues with it at all. The sticks are reasonably affordable too.

(Jack Brien) #9

One big stickied poll would be useful

(Kaiden) #10

I decided it was worth the locked in strip rate as a Ketonian founder.

Keto mojo. I have one and love it. Strips are sold separately. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Keto Mojo.

The finger sticks are nothing. The needle is so small and shallow, sometimes it misses nerves altogether.

(Omar) #13

How accurate is the testing method ?
is it necessary to meter ketones ?

Best blood ketone monitor?
(Jack Brien) #14

Different tester, but I sent mine back when it was doing that. Also, temp esp cold effects them

(Khalil Islam-Zwart) #15

Are you still happy with this? How about the glucose and keytone strips? Cost effective?

Thanks if you have a chance to respond. I realize this is an older post.

Khalil

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #16

On the point (ha ha) of pokes, it doesn’t matter what meter you have. You can buy any lancing device and any lancet (needle) that is compatible. I like the ReliOn micro thin, but use them with my Profile Xtra