Is their a popular, specifically SV discussion forum?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

I’ve done a Google search, and can’t find much. The one that looks most promising, “sousvidehub.com” won’t let me open it, without getting a bunch popups telling me to click here for this and that update so I can get the latest PC viruses (okay, they don’t really say that, but I already know that trick).

Also, I see a few places where SV is a secondary topic, and those are mostly a bunch of back and forths with a few people that love SV and trying to defend it, against other hard core grillers and smokers, talking about why they wont even try it, and really don’t care to know more…
I want to cut the cr@p and just go straight to a place where everybody already knows SV is the best way to cook many different meats :wink: and they just want to discuss the fine details to dial it in.

Anyplace you know of ?

(Central Florida Bob ) #2

Hi, Chris,

The only forum I know of - for discussions - is Anova’s

There are other places that have sous vide recipes like the one the Joule makers put up

and Serious Eats

Not really forums though.

HTH

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #3

Thank you Bob. Hmmm. The recipes are okay… But I like discussion a lot more.
I have all kinds of SV stuff swirling around in my head right now… Plus had some cheap London Broil last night for dinner, that was great, but could be nit picked… + Cold smoked a 5 lb bottom roast yesterday for 3 hours, then it went right in the SV last night when the London broil came out :slightly_smiling_face:

SV Everything ! :grinning:

(Failed) #4

This might be helpful:
Sous Vide Forum on eGullet

Thank you for asking this question, during my search I found a recipe for a soft boiled egg using the sous vide. I really don’t like eggs, but with keto I’ve going to have to learn to like them. It’s the yolk that grosses me out. I’ll eat the white of a hard boiled egg but not the yolk, so too much protein, not enough fat.

Frying them gives me heartburn,. I love them scrambled with lots of milk, but too many carbs, and again, heartburn.

The recipe I found for sous vide soft boiled eggs sounds like it’s a good compromise. The white should be nearly as firm as a regular hard-boiled egg, but the yolk should be liquid and warm.

Sous Vide Soft Boiled Egg

I can’t try it out right now because I’m cooking baby back ribs in my sous vide. I haven’t used the sous vide in a while, I have a Joule from Chef Steps, and was pleasantly surprised when it updated its software and now I can just put the food and the water in at the same time and it will start the cook time when the water gets up to the correct temperature.