Is it worth it to be a keto health coach

I want to get a Dr Berg certified keto coach certificate but I am questioning if it is worth it because online it is so hard to become a keto coach unless you join a company that is already established. Everything people could find out about keto and general health is on the internet and on Dr Berg’s videos.

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #2

I would just call yourself a " Certified Keto Coach " and run with it…

always what worries me is liability. Could you hurt someone in some way and do you have liability ins. to handle it? I think medical issues that arise for anyone when ‘coached to do’ this or that, I don’t know, just me probably but so worried that without being covered you open yourself up to so much liability. Make sure you see a lawyer and have good waiver contracts etc. to sign first or something like that…but I am being ‘too paranoid’, heck I don’t know but my mind runs that way for some reason. So fast you can lose it all thru harming another in some court possible way ya know…oh heck I don’t know HA but yea, probably just my thinking on it and a scardey cat going down that path in a way.

I am just talking about giving people general health and wellness advice, not really advice for diabetics. I would leave that for registered dietitians.

oh ok. I was thinking like all in business coaching for profit. You know, a business set up :slight_smile: sorry I thought wrong on that one about what ya posted.

I think if you do a ‘general keto’ website and coach and give good info and ‘get that word’ out, yes I still think many will find you but yea keto advice sites are all out there, but I think there could be a share for you :slight_smile:

another advocate putting out the word is never a bad thing! You will be helping and not harming with good solid keto advice for sure.

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #7

I think you would expose yourself to liability…

Are there any regulatory bodies where you are that oversee that sort of thing?

If you become " Dr. Berg " certified, what regulatory bodies recognize that for any practical purposes?

I would just be teaching online, I do not really think the country I am in would effect the rules of this buisness.

I have to say I am not sure in any way how a keto website set up to help others has to be covered when it comes to what laws out there :slight_smile:

I know SO many do them. I mean there are tons of them out there but are they dealing with LLC type liability issues or ??? I have 0 knowledge on that.

I will have to leave this to those more experienced.

Maybe beforehand just ask a great keto website what its liability is all about? What arm’s length you can ‘coach’ and give direct info and is there limits to that?

Again, sorry, I don’t know but I think you got a great opportunity, just be sure to cross some Ts and dot some Is before any issues might happen?

I did not mean to open this up in this fashion at you :slight_smile: I misread your post thinking business keto site for profit to coach for income…but that showed my fears I think on it of course…but if you are doing general info etc. out there like so many others? wouldn’t you be ok just doing that?

(Doug) #11

Would be a huge red flag to many people…

I do not really know what to think.

in what way a red flag do ya think? just wondering, I mean many get certifications from ALL kinds of places to get certifications, would Dr. B mean something else in any way? I think a known name certification would be a good thing.

(Doug) #14

Berg’s only a chiropractor, no longer practicing, who got in trouble in Virginia for outright quackery. He does no research, and at best is an aggregator and marketer of what other people say. He’s in business to make money off of videos, and to support Scientology, with all the negatives there associated.

Berg says nothing that isn’t available elsewhere, and is wrong plenty of times in his videos.

And I do mean outright quackery:smile:

ohhhhhh hmmmmm
I don’t know how to answer back to that kinda
ok cool
thanks for that info tho!

(Doug) #16

This was a larger discussion: What do you think of Dr. Berg’s teachings on keto?

Plenty there.

(UsedToBeT2D) #17

Yes, some lawyer, somewhere, is going to convince some judge that you are practicing without a license.

(Doug) #18

Eminem, I’m quite critcal of Berg for several reasons, but aside from all that - if this is something that he’s trying to charge money for, then good grief - please stay away from sending him money. :neutral_face:

Note even remotely worth it, aside from Keto’rs being a huge minority even with Keto’s fad status the last couple years there is no such thing (in real life) as a “Keto Coach”. If you want to help people get a nationally recognized personal training certification and (unofficially) give some nutritional tips like all of them do.

I’m sorry but that’s laughable, Dr Berg is a moron and had no real nutrition training. He’s a Chiropractor that copies other peoples videos after the fact and very conveniently defies logic on a regular basis. He gives advise on things he clearly doesn’t do himself and shouldn’t be taken seriously at all.

Thanks at least for not having me waste my time.

What about a keto consultant for a company? Would that be easier that to start my own buisness?

I’d say most companies would want to stay away from it. Aside from us being beyond a minority to begin with, once Keto’s fad status crashes (which it’s overdo for) there will be even less of us. It could also be a huge liability for larger businesses to recommend keto since it defy’s mainstream medicines views on many things. Telling somebody to eat 5x the amount of sodium they’re supposed to (which isn’t even really a keto thing, more like a thing people just do), raise their cholesterol etc… I personally wouldn’t go anywhere near it, tons of insurance or not. Just a huge risk from every angle. Plus, most people that look into it would very quickly find out they can find everything they want online for free.

No shortage of people tried to make a business out of “coaching” keto, I’ve yet to see it work so far. The only reason it works for “nutritionists” is because they’re accepted by the mainstream and insurance will pay them. You think anybody would pay out of pocket for somebody to tell them to eat less McDonalds and more real whole foods? The biggest nutritional moron alive already knows that much. One of the reasons Paleo got so huge when it did was Crossfit trainers, they were whipping people into shape and recommended that WOE, people saw the results and it spread like wildfire. That’s the best way to go about it, but aside from also training people I can’t see a situation where it could work.