Is it worth it to be a keto health coach

I mean more like a company of health coaches that are alternative.

(Edith) #24

Virta Health has coaches. Maybe you could check them out.

(Butter Withaspoon) #25

Insulin IQ also has coaches and having heard some of the coaches speak, Iā€™d recommend it as a site to get personal low carb/keto/metabolic health coaching. They must have a pathway of recruiting and training and mentoring coaches, but Iā€™d assume these coaches already have qualifications in health.

Dietdoctor offers a free course for health practitioners which is such a great offer I reckon. Itā€™s a 3 hour CME I believe.

(Carnivore for the win) #26

I think Kevin Stock has instructors on his meat health site. But it is carnivore based. Either way, there are opportunities out there.

Iā€™m with ya, but same issue. When youā€™re giving ā€œhealth adviseā€ that contradicts mainstream medical advise youā€™re opening yourself up for a world of pain. People will do the same thing to you they do to doctors, nod their head and say ā€œokā€ then do the total opposite, eat way too many junk carbs, eat way to much fat, create a horrible situation that their doc will pick up on, then blame you. Thatā€™s why going the personal trainer situation is much safer, then you give ā€œadviseā€ but since youā€™re also training them you know their actually taking their health seriously.

Most people that see docs donā€™t listen, most that consult with nutritionists donā€™t listen, most who work with personal trainers do since their being seen constantly and itā€™s automatically accountability. Plus, your work would go a lot further with them that way.

Iā€™ve considered doing exactly that, Iā€™ve held personal training certs in the past (long since dead) but between fattening myself up, leaning out, getting back (most) of my muscle In a couple years Iā€™ve gone from 300lbs of blubber, to currently 225lbs (for now) at around 10% BF at my guess (last DEXA was 11.5%) couple months back, I feel Iā€™m very qualified to help people. Problem is thereā€™s not a great amount of money to be made doing it. Very fulfilling, but that doesnā€™t pay the bills. I definitely think thereā€™s a need, but the way the world works, itā€™s a huge risk as well. If I did do it I definitely would leave the word keto and ketosis out of it. Call it lower carb and youā€™d probably be fine. But also keep in mind, the people that want to pay a website and not do things face to face (usually) arenā€™t as serious about stuff and arenā€™t ready for the accountability.

Does it require a certificate or degree? Does it have stable money? I do not live in the US. Do you know health coaching work I could do remotely?

Does it require a degree or is a certificate enough? Does it have stable work? I also do not live in the US. Do you know of any health coaching work I can do remotely?

if you are not US then you best check into what laws/policies/liability and more come into play on what you do want to achieve cause I donā€™t think ā€˜being internetā€™ exempts you from all ya know in all forms?
see this is stuff I truly donā€™t know LOL Diff. countries hold values on websites differently donā€™t they? IDK but just a thought

Thanks, Fangs.

(Polly) #32

Just a thought. How many of the members of this forum would consider going to a keto coach?

I know that I am happy to take the support from (as well as offer support to) other members here when I feel the need but I wouldnā€™t pay for a coach. I briefly joined Meat Rx (now Revero dot com) but did not feel that I would want to pay even as little as $10 a month for the privilege of continuing that.

When considering becoming a keto coach @eminem_44 have you considered who your target market might be?

(Carnivore for the win) #33

Iā€™m not sure what the meat health academy prerequisites are. Have a look at the site and see if what the requirements are for mentors. They provide the training to qualified applicants.

https://academy.meat.health/courses/mentorship

(Robin) #34

I have a couple of friends who are ā€œcertifiedā€ Life Coaches. I think there are many ways to get certified, but donā€™t know. Anyway, my friends are both keto friendly and incorporate nutrition as a big part of their focus. But you would lasso need to be well versed in other ā€œlifeā€ stuff. Like relationships, etc.

Would people consider going to a health coach who is well rounded and knows about all sorts of diets and lifestyle like acupressure and natural remedies?

(Carnivore for the win) #36

Up in Canada, we have naturopaths that provide that sort of natural treatment. The naturopathic clinics, often have a naturopath, an acupuncture or acupressure practitioner, and often a massage therapist and/or chiropractor. It is usually covered under our extended health care.

I am talking more about online health coachesā€¦

Yep to what OldDoug said - beat me to it, and said it more succinctly than I would have. :wink: