Is it just me or is anyone else struggling to lose weight

(rosa) #1

I have been on Keto diet for about 2 month ago, at first the weight was coming off at a rate of 2-4 a week, I got sick with the flu( the real flu) and got off the diet for about a week, i had already lost 13 and gained about 4-5lbs , I’m back on track but find myself not loosing any weight, I’m a bit discourage when i read all of the success stories. is anyone else experiencing difficulty loosing weight? or am i doing something wrong.

(Angelica Lopez) #2

I’d like to help you but your question is quite vague. Why did you go off of keto when you were sick? If you don’t mind, please share some details with us about your weight, height, and what you eat on a daily basis.

I have a similar story. I started Keto on Jan. 4th. I came down with the flu (influenza a) in February and followed that up with a sinus infection, bronchitis, and pinkeye. I never went off the Keto WOE, but had zero appetite for much of anything through much of that time. By the end of February, I was down 17 pounds in all. I have been stalled since then. I figure, the flu probably didn’t help, but I might have experienced a stall anyway. I had a few higher carb days back to back in early April and quickly learned I felt poorly afterwards, so even if I don’t lose another pound, this WOE is just better overall for me. Also, I am hoping my body is working on healing itself from the inside out and that eventually the stall with end with a whooooosh.

(rosa) #4

I was very sick from the medication i was giving and couldn’t tolerate high fat foods. my starting weight was 196 my current weight 186. My diet consist of mostly protein like cheeses, chicken. steak, eggs. also eat peanut butter. i also find myself struggling to maintain Ketosis.

(Rob) #5

Do you track your foods in an app, and know your macros (fat/carbs/protein)? You mention your proteins but some of them can be very high fat if you choose right or very lean if you go the other way. It would be very helpful to know more. If you don’t already track, you probably should. LoseIt, Cronometer or MyFitnessPal all work and have free mobile and web versions.

If you left keto for a week, you probably took some steps back in your fat adaption so you may not lose weight again immediately as you re-adapt. You certainly need to work it since the benefits come at different speeds for different people, especially for women with a vastly more complex hormonal system. I didn’t lose weight beyond the initial rush for 6 weeks and I am but a simple man.

(Angelica Lopez) #6

Cut the peanut butter out. It may have been okay at first but it tends to stall a lot of people, including myself. What works at first may not work later. When you start a new meal plan, you’re likely to always experience some sort of weight loss since you’ve shocked your body into something different. But once you stall, you need to reevaluate what you’re eating. Feel free to share your menu here, I enjoy critiquing as I’ve broken many stalls for myself and my friends over the years.

(Karen) #7

Sometimes I lose weight. Sometimes I have trouble losing. Now my pants are loose.

K

If you have lost 10 pounds in 2 months, you are doing great! That is a bit more than pound a week. In a year, that’s 50+ pounds. Many (most?) of the fast weight loss stories are men. Women are not always so lucky. Most of us want the weight to fall away, but even on keto, it often doesn’t.

I’m a slow loser and I’ve had to stop reading stories of fast loss cuz that’s just not going to happen for me, and many others, and frankly the stories are demoralizing. And in truth, I’ve seen about as many stories of people (usually women) not losing fast… I also sometimes wonder how many people try keto, don’t lose, and just disappear without ever posting. I think more than we know.

That said, I see no other option but keto. Not only for eventual weight loss, but general long-term good health.

(Bacon for the Win) #9

thank you.

(rosa) #10

my typical day are:

breakfast i would eat 3 egg white 1/2 of avocado, coffee with heavy cream
snack, usually a spoon of peanut butter
lunch: Chicken with 1/2 avocado
Cheese for snack
Dinner some type of meat and salad

(Candy Lind) #11

Age, weight, height? STOP COUNTING CALORIES. I can tell you’re doing it - it sounds like weight watchers. CICO is BS. When you are doing keto, you have to eat enough (and 70% fat) or you can’t lose, because your body can’t access your fat stores.

Eat WHOLE eggs. You need the fat. Enjoy some bacon with it! NO SNACKS - every time you eat, you spike insulin. Instead, eat enough at meals that you don’t get hungry in between. If “meal time” comes and you’re not hungry, don’t eat. This starts re-training your body to listen to “real” hunger signals again. I hope you are putting fat on everything - the eggs (mayo or butter), the avocado (mayo), the chicken (mayo, butter, sour cream, cheese), the salad (heaps of dressing).

KCKO!

(Preety) #12

Hi i loose weight around half kg or more one day and the other day it again becomes plus one kg i dnt know whats happening…m religiously following all the things pls help

(Karen) #13

Candy is correct. No snacks, whole eggs or just the yolks, fatty meat, more fat, moderate protein.

K

(rosa) #14

Thank you everyone for all your feed back, it really does help. I will try to eat the whole eggs I don’t really like eggs but if it helps with my weight I’ll try. LOL

(Karen) #15

I eat a lot of eggs, but it i didn’t like them I’d eat keto waffles, or pancakes, or chopped ham , peppers cheese and radishes, fried.

K

(Leslie) #16

Just based on this menu, it appears you are not eating enough fat. Are you having the fattiest choice of chicken with the skin? What kind of fat are you using to cook? What type of dressing is on the salad? Perhaps you might consider doing some research on recipes and increasing the amount of fat you are using in prep.

Kerigold butter, coconut butter, coconut oil, ghee are all excellent choices for cooking

Drop the peanut butter and substitute with macadamia nuts and pecans. I got this suggestion from Dr Berg and found that if I drizzle a little melted butter and pink salt on them, it’s so much more satisfying than peanut butter

Try to remember that fat is the key to turning up the metabolic furnace

I hope you find this helpful
Keep calm and keto on

(rosa) #17

yumm waffle and pancakes. I’m afraid to try them. How many carbs per serving. another thing that drives me nuts it the Macro so confusing :confused:

(rosa) #18

I will definitely will add more fat.

(Rob) #19

You gotta go recipe hunting. There are great recipes here in the Recipes sub-forum and lots of good places all over the internet. If you go to this site, it has 50 ways to do eggs in its egg fast plan, plus lots of other recipes and plans.

DietDoctor, HeadbangersKitchen, Ruled.me, Ketoconnect all have tons of keto recipes.

(rosa) #20

oh thank you. I will definitely will check it out.

thanks you