Is it just me or is anyone else struggling to lose weight

(Angelica Lopez) #6

Cut the peanut butter out. It may have been okay at first but it tends to stall a lot of people, including myself. What works at first may not work later. When you start a new meal plan, you’re likely to always experience some sort of weight loss since you’ve shocked your body into something different. But once you stall, you need to reevaluate what you’re eating. Feel free to share your menu here, I enjoy critiquing as I’ve broken many stalls for myself and my friends over the years.

(Karen) #7

Sometimes I lose weight. Sometimes I have trouble losing. Now my pants are loose.

K

If you have lost 10 pounds in 2 months, you are doing great! That is a bit more than pound a week. In a year, that’s 50+ pounds. Many (most?) of the fast weight loss stories are men. Women are not always so lucky. Most of us want the weight to fall away, but even on keto, it often doesn’t.

I’m a slow loser and I’ve had to stop reading stories of fast loss cuz that’s just not going to happen for me, and many others, and frankly the stories are demoralizing. And in truth, I’ve seen about as many stories of people (usually women) not losing fast… I also sometimes wonder how many people try keto, don’t lose, and just disappear without ever posting. I think more than we know.

That said, I see no other option but keto. Not only for eventual weight loss, but general long-term good health.

(Bacon for the Win) #9

thank you.

(rosa) #10

my typical day are:

breakfast i would eat 3 egg white 1/2 of avocado, coffee with heavy cream
snack, usually a spoon of peanut butter
lunch: Chicken with 1/2 avocado
Cheese for snack
Dinner some type of meat and salad

(Candy Lind) #11

Age, weight, height? STOP COUNTING CALORIES. I can tell you’re doing it - it sounds like weight watchers. CICO is BS. When you are doing keto, you have to eat enough (and 70% fat) or you can’t lose, because your body can’t access your fat stores.

Eat WHOLE eggs. You need the fat. Enjoy some bacon with it! NO SNACKS - every time you eat, you spike insulin. Instead, eat enough at meals that you don’t get hungry in between. If “meal time” comes and you’re not hungry, don’t eat. This starts re-training your body to listen to “real” hunger signals again. I hope you are putting fat on everything - the eggs (mayo or butter), the avocado (mayo), the chicken (mayo, butter, sour cream, cheese), the salad (heaps of dressing).

KCKO!

(Preety) #12

Hi i loose weight around half kg or more one day and the other day it again becomes plus one kg i dnt know whats happening…m religiously following all the things pls help

(Karen) #13

Candy is correct. No snacks, whole eggs or just the yolks, fatty meat, more fat, moderate protein.

K

(rosa) #14

Thank you everyone for all your feed back, it really does help. I will try to eat the whole eggs I don’t really like eggs but if it helps with my weight I’ll try. LOL

(Karen) #15

I eat a lot of eggs, but it i didn’t like them I’d eat keto waffles, or pancakes, or chopped ham , peppers cheese and radishes, fried.

K

(Leslie) #16

Just based on this menu, it appears you are not eating enough fat. Are you having the fattiest choice of chicken with the skin? What kind of fat are you using to cook? What type of dressing is on the salad? Perhaps you might consider doing some research on recipes and increasing the amount of fat you are using in prep.

Kerigold butter, coconut butter, coconut oil, ghee are all excellent choices for cooking

Drop the peanut butter and substitute with macadamia nuts and pecans. I got this suggestion from Dr Berg and found that if I drizzle a little melted butter and pink salt on them, it’s so much more satisfying than peanut butter

Try to remember that fat is the key to turning up the metabolic furnace

I hope you find this helpful
Keep calm and keto on

(rosa) #17

yumm waffle and pancakes. I’m afraid to try them. How many carbs per serving. another thing that drives me nuts it the Macro so confusing :confused:

(rosa) #18

I will definitely will add more fat.

(Rob) #19

You gotta go recipe hunting. There are great recipes here in the Recipes sub-forum and lots of good places all over the internet. If you go to this site, it has 50 ways to do eggs in its egg fast plan, plus lots of other recipes and plans.

DietDoctor, HeadbangersKitchen, Ruled.me, Ketoconnect all have tons of keto recipes.

(rosa) #20

oh thank you. I will definitely will check it out.

thanks you

(KCKO, KCFO) #21

Try following a keto meal plan, there are some good free ones, this is from I Breathe I’m Hungry, include recipes, shopping lists etc.

Atkins.com still has free Atkins 20 for foodies and Atkins 40 for foodies, again what to eat and shopping lists. I have used both and as long as you don’t do the shakes and bars mentioned for snacks from Atkins, it will work for getting you into ketosis. It does take some longer than others to get there, If you have been ill, your body is healing from that, illness results in high cortisone levels that alone can keep you from losing.

I try not to consume sugar alcohols, that is why I never use bars and shakes anymore.

(Preety) #22

Hey karen
Again m here

I ate chicken sticks dipped in siriacha sauce in restuarant…i know siriacha is nt a problm

But if the marination wuld cntain any flour…wuld i be out of keto?

Pls suggest.

Cut out the snacks. Check into intermittent fasting. Look up Dr Fung on You Tube.

Dr Fung is a firm believer in no snacks and 1 2 or 3 meals a day. He feels that eating many smaller meals keeps your insulin stimulated and people don’t lose weight.

He uses as an example the 1950s in America. The people would eat 3 Squares a day. If a child asked Mom for a snack she’d say “it’ll ruin your appetite”. People just weren’t as fat as they are today.

He feels that the real cause of obesity is tied into hormones and insulin. If you just ate one meal for dinner and fasted 24 hours you’d lose weight.

At the least If you cut out lunch and just ate Breakfast and Dinner it’s very possible that would have the same effect.

BTW I’ve been Extended fasting and following Keto at least 5 days of the week and I’ve lost 20LB in the past month. I’m 100 LB overweight so I’m at the point where my body wants to lose and it’s easier.

The reality though is that I do alot of cheating on my Fast Days but all Keto. So I’m following more of an intermittent fasting type of regimen. I like to say that if I shoot for the stars I just might reach the moon. IE I shoot for extended fasting and end up with intermittent. As opposed to shooting for Keto and ending up not following and not losing weight. There is a method to my madness.

It seems that at least one or 2 days a week I eat whatever I want and have been feasting on whatever I want. For some reason this weekend though I’m breaking that mold and keeping on a fast through the weekend. Guess it takes time to ease into a new lifestyle. As long as I continue to lose around 4 LB a week I’m not going to worry.

Again I strongly suggest that you look up Dr Fung on you tube and watch some of his lectures. He’s an Nephrologist and a real Dr. Everything that he says is backed up by Scientific Studies and what he’s observed in his practice.

If what you are doing isn’t working than you need to investigate different paths. I think that’s why you posted here.

(Karen) #24

Eating out is tricky. Chicken “sticks” suggests breading. Maybe flour. Siracha sauce can have sugar 1 g per tsp.
When eating out watch appetizers. Choose plain meats grilled, and simple salads.

K

(Annalee Haley) #25

I checked the siracha sauce in my fridge and sugar was high on the ingredient list. We threw out the siracha and now use a chili garlic sauce without any form of sugar on the ingredient list. When we eat out we ask for chili oil these days. There are ways for the sugar to creep in. I find that I do better if I keep it out of everything, even if the carb count and sugar count is low to 0.

I stalled and actually gained 8 pounds a few weeks ago. I got back to very clean eating, took a good look at my proteins (I was eating more than I needed) and increased my fats. I am happy to report that I have started losing again.

Don’t be afraid to up your fats and decrease your proteins if need be. It may work for you or it may not. I have found that works for me for now.:grinning: