Invite a naysayer to the 2KD podcast?

(Christopher Kelaart) #1

Hey @carl & @richard, love the podcast but I was wondering if you might invite a naysayer onto the show to find out what objections they have to this woe?

This would have to be done carefully and respectfully of course but if we’re going to change hearts and minds, it seems that we need to find out why they rate the Keto diet as the worst diet.

Keep it up, just love what you’re doing here :sunglasses:

You may want to listen to the John McDougall LLVLC podcast

(Christopher Kelaart) #3

Thanks Saphire, I will take a listen…

If that’s the one I think it is have a drink in hand

(Christopher Kelaart) #5

lol… I will bear that in mind!

(carl) #6

I love the idea in general. But, I would like to first have discussions offline. I’d like to share evidence and read the evidence the other party presents. Otberwise it could degrade pretty quickly.

(Rob) #7

My 2c is that while this is admirable, I think bringing one naysayer onto the show would be hard to do in a way that is particularly useful to the community and respectful to the naysayer.

I think an updated ‘naysaying episode’ - “Keto Mythbusting 2” - which I believe has been done much earlier in the podcasts - common problems and their rebuttal (to give us all a concise toolkit to deal with the naysayers in our worlds) would be useful every once in a while but that doesn’t necessarily need a sacrificial lamb on the show.

If they are well versed in the mainstream BS they will just spout reports and the 2KD would just spout (better) reports :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. If it is a layperson who believes what they are told by the mainstream/medical establishment, it might just be painful to shatter their beliefs live?

We definitely need to better battle naysayers, its more a question of approach IMHO.

(Adam Kirby) #8

Most of the medical, nutritional, and media establishment are naysayers. Why pollute this podcast with the same old crap we’ve heard for decades? What can be gained by it?

(Adam Kirby) #9

No mystery there. The nutritional establishment has opposed fat, meat, dairy, and salt for decades. They support fruit, veg, and grain consumption. Keto is a nightmare for most dieticians to consider.

(Christopher Kelaart) #10

Thanks for the comments @akirby83 and @carl - you both make very valid points. I guess I was just frustrated to hear the Keto diet being slammed yet again and just wanted to know WHY???

Keep calm and Keto on… :slight_smile: