Introduction, almost 2 weeks in and feeling great!

(Kristy) #1

Hello everyone! I’m happy to be a part of this group. For the past 2 weeks I’ve just been lurking but am ready to join in!
I am a 38 yr old female, 5’4" and am at my heaviest weight ever, 206 lbs as of May 12th. I started Keto after seeing how well a co-worker did. I started on May 14th. Using MyFitnessPal to track macros. Currently 5% carbs, 75% fat, 20% protein. I’ve been doing well, meeting macros, (sometimes going over one or the other by a few grams).
I have completely stopped snacking which has always been my downfall. I haven’t “cheated” a single time, which is a HUGE deal for me! I’ve always been a closet eater and I am thrilled to find that my cravings for snacks in between meals has disappeared. A couple of days after dinner, when I would normally be looking for a sweet snack while watching tv, I have found myself thinking about sneaking a snack. I instead grabbed some sugar free gum, and amazingly that kept me occupied so I didn’t cheat.
Last week was the week before my cycle and normally I am like a mad woman eating everything in sight, but this is the first time that I was able to refrain and stick to my plan.

Also, I don’t know if this is a result of keto or not, but I have been sleeping so great! I wake up in the morning and actually feel rested and ready for my day!!

Another thing I have noticed is that my skin has started to clear up and has a nice glow to it. Again, not sure if this has anything to do with Keto, but what else could it be?

Now on to the important stuff, I am currently down to 203.4, so almost 3 lbs lost in not quite 2 weeks. It’s not horrible I guess. But this is the week of my menstrual cycle so maybe once that is over I will see some more loss. I haven’t been exercising, other than trying to meet my daily step goal. It was suggested maybe waiting 2 months into Keto before really going at it?

Well, that’s all about me and my journey so far. I hope to get to know a few of you and look forward to any advice that anyone can offer!

(Doug) #2

Welcome, Kristy. :slightly_smiling_face: It takes a while to get used to it all, and for most of us things get better as we go, and the weight loss comes. Good luck.

(Alec) #3

Kristy
Welcome! You don’t need to exercise on keto. But if you feel like exercising go for it!

Exercise is good for you, no question, but it is not necessary to get the benefits of keto.

Stay with keto, and you will lose weight!
Cheers
Alec

(Kristy) #4

Thank you!

(Kristy) #5

Thanks for the encouragement!