Intoducing Myself

Hello Fellow Ketoers - just thought I’d intro myself & give a few basic facts. I’m a pre-diabetic, middle-aged female from Australia who’s been low carb/keto since 2014. I’ve been listening to the podcast & surfing the forums for some time & have decided to de-lurk.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Welcome and g’day!

So . . . is surfing the forums as much fun as surfing Bondi? :surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Thanks @PaulL - more of a net surfer I’m afraid but I do enjoy kayaking (fewer sharks) :smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

Welcome Safi!
I’m in Brisbane, but I basically live on this forum rather than leave my house lol.

Thanks for the welcome Katie :smile: I’m on the south coast of NSW - I used to have some friends in Cooparoo but they moved so I’ve not been back to lovely Brissy in years.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #6

You guys are giving me a terrible urge to watch Crocodile Dundee. Probably an offense to Ausies, but us Americans are really good at horrible stereotyping.

Anyway, welcome!

Not offensive to me @Anniegirl9 :smile: I’ve long assumed that being Australian means I’m naturally a top shelf water buffalo hypnotist - you’ve convinced me to give it a go! Will report back…or not…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

Hi. You got this. I’ll help.

For me it’s Muriel’s Wedding. One of my favorite movies of all time! I’m guessing Porpoise Spit is a fictional town though. :grin:

(Terence Dean) #10

Welcome Safi, another Aussie here or should I say a dual citizen, born in New Zealand and living in Adelaide, South Aussie. :australia: :new_zealand:

Thanks for the welcomes @Brenda @Callisto & @tdean :smile:

I’m working on my fasting muscle @Brenda - 24hrs is my max so far but I’ll get there.

I refuse to burst your bubble @Callisto & hereby declare Porpoise Spit Australia’s new capital!

@tdean I’ve not been to Adelaide in a few years but imagine a trip to Haigh’s would be an excellent test of my commitment to keto.

This person is a criminal. :point_up_2:

Don’t make me burn you :face_with_raised_eyebrow: