Intermittent fasting---too little calories? OMAD

keto
fasting

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #21

Thanks. You know, I get sooo conflicted with the CICO message, because, yes while CICO is absolute, the “In” doesn’t just mean calories from food and the “Out” in is so incredibly variable.

(Doug) #22

There sure is a lot of hand-wringing about “CICO or not.” I think we’re good as long as we realize that the “Out” can decline due to metabolism slowdown, and that it includes storage and excretion (as well as calories burned for energy). And yes - that the “In” can come from our own fat, if we’re hormonally able, is very important.

Nature’s Way brand is GMP produced, and available at many drugstores these days - I get two-packs from Amazon :herb:

(MelissaH) #24

Thank you!

(Ellen Ellis) #25

I have been wondering the same thing. Here is what I understand. The calories you are missing are being made up by the body fat you are burning. Part of the calories you burn come through what you eat and the rest are supplied by your body fat.

(George) #26

Hey there,

I’m in the exact same boat you’re in. OMAD and fear of ruining my metabolism since I have trouble stuffing that many calories into 1 meal, plus I’m just not hungry most of the day. I’ve consistently been losing a good amount of weight, and worry that eventually a messed up metabolism will stop that.

I know your post is from a year ago, so I’m curious to know if you found a solution or how your progress has been since your post?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #27

Why don’t you just have a 4hr eating window and eat two meals?

(George) #28

Mainly because of a set time I have to take a lunch break at work, the commute time between work and home, etc. It’s doable, I’d just have to deal with fidgeting with trying to eat while driving at the beginning of that 4 hour window. I’ve been doing OMAD for a few weeks now, and eat around 6PM. I was doing 16/8 every day before I did an extended fast/transition into OMAD, but have had identical weight loss results with both. I’m considering trying 16/8 again (probably just 2 meals) on Saturdays through Tuesdays, and OMAD Weds/Thurs/Friday. Any thoughts on this strategy?

(KCKO, KCFO) #29

Always good to mix it up. Sounds like a workable plan, go for it.