Intermittent Fasting...how often?

(Jenni) #1

Ive been reading about IF and am thinking of adding it to my keto routine. I still have quite a bit of weight to lose and was thinking adding this element could help. How often do you fast? Does it have to be a full 24 hours or more? Or ? Im just a little confused on timing.

(Bunny) #2

(Frank) #3

The advice that fung offers and that I have taken to heart is IF whatever fits your life the best. Square pegs in round holes and whatnot. If you have a family that tends to eat together at night eat with them. If the same holds true for breakfast eat with them. I typically have a bp coffee in the am and for lunch and then eat a good size dinner. I know bp coffee isn’t technically fasting but I am keeping my insulin fairly low I think throughout the day which is key. Mess around with your eating windows and find which works out best for you both from a goal standpoint and a quality of life standpoint.

(Jenni) #4

Thank you for the feedback! I have done 1 day of IF in which I had a BP coffee at 8 am then nothing but water until 8 pm then ate a keto meal, and nothing again until 8 the next morning. Essentially I fasted 8 hours, ate 2 hours, fasted 14. I’m not sure if I could do that daily. But it was a start. Id like to work up to a long 24- 36 hour fast.