Interesting video on protein converting to sugar

(Bart) #1

Found this interesting video on gluconeogenisis. The video also touches on artificial sweeteners, gut microbiom and more. This youtube channel “High Intensity Health” has many great keto videos. Thought I would share.

Doesn’t necessarily apply to diabetics or IR people who have malfunctioning insulin and/or glucagon responses to protein.
More here:

(Bart) #3

absolutely and I would further say that all of our bodies may respond a bit differently. There is a lot of data out there, both from studies and theories and I suppose the best thing to do is to gather as much data as possible and then try to figure out how your body is functioning. I just know I like to gather as many differing views on subjects as I can. If I would have listened to my doctor I would be on a statin and essentially eating the same as I did before. I found keto by doing research on my own. Reasons I like this forum as much as I do is it stimulates discussion, which for me leads me to further explore and learn as much as I can. I have no doubt protein is converted to glucose. I also know the body can convert fat to glucose as well. All very fascinating. I look forward to doing some n=1 protein tests to see how it does effect my body.

(Jay Morris) #4

Good find, thanks for sharing!
I myself will gain weight temporarily if I do eat to much protein, and took me the longest time to figure out what was going on.
Luckily, my 3-4 pound weight gain will disperse within 2-3 days of watching my proteins better.

(Mark) #5

Excellent post,couldn’t agree with you more,I like that you have an open mind,as they say,The mind is like a parachute,it only works when it’s open