Intense Hunger at NIght

(Jay) #1

My first post :slight_smile:

I have become keto adapted and wanted to start fasting. I have had some success and have little to no hunger during the day and early evening. My issue is during the night. I wake up between midnight and 2 PM with intense hunger and is to me unmanageable. I typically eat something and then I am able to go back to bed.

Any thoughts/ideas to help manage this.

(Jeff Waters) #2

Maybe try some mct oil in uncaffeinated tea before bed?

I’m definitely no expert.

(Jay) #3

Thanks Jeff. I just bought some MCT oil for this purpose. I will try tonight.

(Richard Morris) #4

Hunger can sometimes be another deficiency disguised, for example thirst, or a need for some salts. You could try keto-ade .

(Jay) #5

Thanks will try the keto-ade.

(Jay) #6

I just wanted to give an update. I started a fast at 3 PM on Tuesday. For the past two nights I have incorporated a small amount of KetoMTC oil and Jigsaw’s Electrolyte Supreme (I added himalayan sea salt into the mix also). The first night (Tuesday) I did it before I went to bed and seemed to sleep better and did not have the intense hunger. Last night I fell asleep without taking these items around 10 pm. I woke up at about mid-night with the intense hunger. I was ready to call it quits on the fast but then I had the mental energy to force myself to have the MetoMTC oil and the Electrolyte/Salt drink. I took about a teaspoon of the oil and almost immediately the intense hunger went away. I was still hungry from fasting but it was manageable. I then have the drink and went back to bed. I woke up this morning with normal hunger and I am continuing the fast until either lunch today or lunch tomorrow.