Instead of pasta

(Cassy Downs) #1

So last night I made made mussels in a clam garlic butter sauce and put it over the angel hair Miracle Noodle. Yummy!!! I made shrimp and bacon alfredo over their fettuccine last week, and that was tasty!!

Does its taste like pasta, NO!!! But it makes me feel like I am having pasta, the twirling I love so much, so it worked!! The trick is to RINSE it like crazy!!! Also, rather then boil it to cook all the way I boil it for a quick min or two then finish cooking it in the sauce to have more flavor. If you love pasta like I do and miss it. Give it a try!! My husband is Italian so I enjoy still eating with them my “pasta” while they have theirs!
I just ordered Impastable to try also. Once it arrives I will plan a meal and come
Back with a review on that one.

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #2

I have three packages of shirataki noodles. I just can’t get myself to try them. I ordered them online before I knew what they truly looked like… I’m such a freak.

(Cassy Downs) #3

Seriously try it!! It’s not disgusting and won’t make you puke. I promise. Just rinse, rinse, rinse!!! Serve it with a super saucy and flavorful meal!

(Sophie) #4

Thanks for this. I also have 6 pks of 3 different types that I haven’t tried yet, ordered online. I was kind of saving the “rice” for some Indian Curry when the cravings struck me but that hasn’t happened yet, damn Keto! :worried: I’ll definitely give the pasta ones a whirl the next time I cook hubby something similar. :+1:

Are they chewy like raw squid? :laughing:

(Crystal ) #5

I found with mine (NuPasta) If I rinse alot, then dry fry them in a non stick, it gets most of the moisture content out. And you can cook those puppies for a WHILE haha
Then I’ll add the sauce right to the pan to warm.
Not too shabby! Definitely helps with those cravings :ok_hand:

(Keto in Katy) #6

omg yes yes yes

(Cassy Downs) #7

They are maybe a bit chewy but nothing like squid.

I also found Miracle Noodle to be all right when rinsed enough. But my favorite noodle replacement, which I throw in with soup that has cooled a bit, is thickly shredded parmesan cheese. My favorite food as of now!

I really love spiralizing a zucchini, heating it up quickly in microwave, throwing on cooked broccoli and chicken thighs, then pouring tons of cheesy Alfredo sauce all over. It’s heavenly!

(Norma Laming) #10

The rice shirataki is s brilliant! Be sure to tip into a bowl of water with cider vinegar in. Swish around then drain, do 3 or 4 more 1 x min blasts in the microwave, draing in between each. I just love these. Beware the new (in the UK) smell free and ready to eat ones as those are no longer zero carb

(Sophie) #11

Ok so here is my honest review of the fettuccine noodles… I knew from many other reviews that there was a seafoody smell with these noodles out of the package and in my test I wanted to try something other than a seafood dish with them to give it a fair shot. That said, I opted for a classic beef stroganoff. When I opened the package I was expecting a nasty seafood reek but was pleasantly surprised by a nice, fresh caught shrimp smell and I should know because I was raised on the GA coast and have lived fresh seafood! So hell yeah, I knew I had a winner! I rinsed them in warm-ish water for a couple of minutes shaking them around… then plunged them into boiling water as per instructions for about 2 mins… then into a dry pan for several mins while I tossed them around to essentially dry them. OMFG! These noodles really hit the mark. Granted, it was a small pain in the ass to make them, but it was well worth the effort. They are even Hubba Approved because I put a small pile on his plate next to his mashed potatoes and he tested them for me. Now I’m looking forward to using the rice and angel hair pasta that I have sitting in the pantry. Thanks a million for posting this thread and getting me off my ass to try these noodles. It’s gonna be an excellent addition to my lo-carb arsenal! :+1:

(Norma Laming) #12

Tip into a bowl of water that has 1 tbsp cider vinegar in and the smell instantly disappears. Then blast in microwave to dry. I love these things, especially the rice

Smells are funny things. I live on the ocean, and when I opened one of these I thought my windows were open. That smell to me, is “home.” Go figure!

I find that it’s a complete waste of time and a pain to “fry” these noodles per the directions. Simply rinse well and microwave for a minute or two, and then do your business with them (stirfry, soup, etc.). My favorite lately is lazy man’s pad thai: sprinkle powdered peanut butter, toasted sesame oil, coconut aminos, fresh lime juice, chicken/beef/shrimp, some cilantro, and chili sauce/paste for heat, and bam. 7 minutes from start to finish (using pre-cooked or leftover meat/shrimp).

(Cassy Downs) #14

Trying IMPASTABLE tonight! They are super expensive, but we will see if it is worth the cost.

I use Miracle Noodles sometimes, but prefer them with seafood, or fish because they are quite fishy. I also like to boil them to death after rinsing well. Then place in dish and melt cheese on them

(Norma Laming) #16

In all honesty I found that the

We love the tofu shirataki noodles! I usually combine the spaghetti and fettuccine. I rinse thoroughly then I dry-fry the heck out of them. Then, I bake it for maybe 45 mins with whatever combo I am doing. Obviously we can tell it’s not real pasta, but the taste and texture are not that far off in our opinion.

Winners so far:

1. Tuna noodle casserole. T.S. noodles, canned tuna, cheddar, cream cheese, canned mushrooms.
  2. Italian classic. T.S. noodles, meatballs, it. sausage (hot), canned mushrooms, mozzarella, generic tomato sauce.

Coming soon:

1. Seafood pesto.

(Darlea Marneedi) #18

They are firmer than pasta but will take on the flavor of what you pair it with. I ate mine as a ramen with chicken, I enjoyed them.

(Norma Laming) #19

Drain them from the packet then tip into a bowl to which you’ve added a splodge of apple cider / white vinegar. The smell instantly disappears- it comes from the calcium compound used to turn them solid. Then drain and nuke in the microwave for a minute, drain and repeat that twice. Nice, dry, smell free noodles- though I prefer the rice version

(Randy) #20

NICE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !