Instant Pot!

instantpot

(ketohealthclub) #1

I can’t say enough positive things about the Instant Pot. It’s a pressure cooker on steroids, basically. It’s perfect for me as an Intermittent faster who works a lot of hours outside of the home because I can quickly and easily cook what I need for a feast meal - and it’s delicious. My favorite so far were the BBQ ribs- even the bones were infused with flavor. Last night I made yogurt. This wasn’t quick at all, but as easy as throwing starter and cream into the pot, cold, and using the yogurt setting for 18 hrs. Do any of you use an Instant Pot or pressure cooker?

I haven’t really used mine all that much in the past year, but I love it! Can’t believe how tender it can make a tough cut of grass fed chuck roast, and in a short time!

(Jacquie) #3

If you do a search for Instant Pot, there are lots of threads of the forum, especially in the recipe section. I don’t have one…yet. :slight_smile:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #4

I’ve used my IP for beef roast, beef short ribs, and bone broth.

My favorite thing about the IP is single-pot meals. Sear, pressure cook, and then use the drippings with done butter, HWC, and sour cream to make delicious keto gravy through reduction.

Very happy with it.

(John Cotter) #5

We love our Instant Pot, I’ve cooked so much chicken in it. We used it as a replacement for a slow cooker recipe this week to reduce the cook time and it worked out awesome!

(ketohealthclub) #6

Oh- gravy- haven’t made that yet because I still don’t know how to make it without flour. So you just cook it down to thicken it? I’m assuming that’s the reduction. Mmmmm…

(G. Andrew Duthie) #7

Yup. I haven’t even bothered filtering the drippings. Just sear, deglaze with broth, and then once cooking is done, add some butter, HWC, and sour cream, and set to Saute and stir until it’s as thick as you’d like. No flour or corn starch needed.

You could add a little xanthan gum if you wanted it really thick or just wanted it to thicken faster, but it will thicken fine without that.

(Guardian of the bacon) #8

Country style pork ribs yesterday in 38 minutes on meat setting then left on warm for an hour til my wife got home from work. I had to use a slotted spoon to retrieve them because I literally could not pick them up with tongs.

(Tracy Mason) #9

I got mine last week and have used it just about every day since. Pork loin, boneless ham, buffalo chicken soup and chicken noodle soup so far. Loving it.

(Meeping up the Science!) #10

Yup! Just made this with it last week!

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/111934821818/pressure-cooker-kalua-pig

(eat more) #11

wth? 1-2 months to ship on amazon…they must be all the rage (since i’ve heard about them online and in real life in the last two days)

i was given one of those XL pressure cookers that is on every other infomercial…is the Instant Pot way different? (i never got the XL thingamajig to actually do anything and i’m not even a dodo lol)

(ketohealthclub) #12

Did you get an electric pressure cooker? The selling point of the instant pot is its pre-programmed settings for steaming, yogurt, meat, stew, and other foods. I’ve made yogurt, steamed crab legs, made BBQ ribs and bone broth. I love mine- and yes it is all the rage!!

(Roxanne) #13

That’s one of our favorits :slight_smile:

(eat more) #14

yeah i think it’s the same thing…
http://www.powerpressurecooker.com

i spent hours trying to get through the initial use cleaning/testing steps…it never pressurized…boxed it back up and shoved it in the garage LOL

defective unit maybe :shrug:

thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

(Angel M Chávez) #15

It’s great for perfect hard (or soft) boiled eggs with easy peel wheels from the pressure. Love! :heart:

I do mine for 3 minutes and they are perfect

(Michelle) #16

hmmm… you guys are convincing me to get one!!

(Sierra) #17

I use mine to make bone broth in 4 hours. I just pressure cook on the highest setting for 120 minutes and do it twice. Works great!

I need to try this. I’ve been paying over $10 a quart for bone broth from a local restaurant. I have the same cooker and make pho inspired soup with it about once a month.

(Sierra) #19

Dang! I can drink a quart a day! That would cost more than a Starbucks! Anyhow, I buy the free range chicken legs and thighs at Trader Joe’s. Then I save the bones in a ziplock in the freezer. When I get a bag of bones I just put in bones, ACV, a piece of kombu seaweed, let it sit for 20-30 minutes and then fire up the instapot. After the 4 hours I strain the broth and then pick off the rest of the meat from the bones. Also the bones are mush so we pick the marrow out of the bones too. My 5 and two year old love it!
I hope u try it. It’s Delicious!

(Guardian of the bacon) #20

I was in Walmart today. I noticed they have an Instant Pot clone made by Farberware for $59.00 It is an electric 7 in 1 pressure cooker is about all I know about it. It looked like the functions were similar to the IP.