Instant Pot Recipes

I’m looking for some recipes for meals (not just a simple side like eggs, for example) that can be made in the Instant Pot?
Thanks!

We're getting an instapot! Any Keto feedback?
(G. Andrew Duthie) #2

Me, too. We’ve got the recipe book that came with it, of course, and I’m planning a roast tomorrow using the roast recipe (without the veggies), but would be good to have a collection of recipes to use.

Also, an Admin note/recommendation: If you want to add a recipe as a reply, please consider posting it to the recipes, Recipes, RECIPES category, and then adding a link to that post here. That way they’ll be easier for everyone to find moving forward. THANKS!

Thank you!

The IP is great for cooking whole chickens! I didn’t want to give up the crispy roasted skin…but OMG, the skin was delicious!! It’s a darn shame that my husband avoids fat and someone had to eat ALL of the chicken skin.

Yeah, I know it skewed my Omega fat ratios, but it’s not like I do this regularly. Actually, this was the first time I tried cooking a whole chicken.

(Guardian of the bacon) #5

Did you add just the chicken and seasoning? any liquids?

(Stephanie Hanson) #6

There’s a keto/LC IP group on FB.

(Danielle) #7

Nom nom paleo is the instant pot queen. Check out her website and/or fb page.

First I should warn you that I am not very experienced with the I.P. haha I mostly use it to boil easy to peel eggs for my husband. (He likes the yolks cooked solid; have to boil my runny yolk eggs on stove).

I set the IP on saute and added salt/pepper to the chicken. Don’t know if there is any real necessity for browning the skin, but I did. Then I added about half a cup of water and set on Poultry. I think most people would use the rack, but I didn’t bother with that. Less clean up. :slight_smile: I don’t think it made any difference.

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #9

One of the best roast chickens I ever made, I started in the pressure cooker and finished on the grill. Omg :heart_eyes:

Meatballs in sauce(I make mine with a mixture of meat, ricotta cheese, egg,seasoning and parmesan cheese)

Sausage and peppers in sauce…melts in your mouth

Pork roast w/kraut

Any roast, really. Especially the tougher cheap cuts.

(Guardian of the bacon) #10

Have you read this article on cooking the perfect egg in the IP?

Perfect hard boiled egg

Thank you! I haven’t read it, but the IP does make the perfect boiled egg!

I just prefer mine on the stovetop…after I boil them, I like to crack the shell around the middle then break in half and eat the runny yolk. Taking a break from eggs at the moment though…

I might not have been clear…I actually WANT runny yolks! Kind of goes with my love of raw beef. :slight_smile:

(Guardian of the bacon) #13

They did an experiment on that page I linked of cooking times and techniques to get the perfect egg based on your interpretation of what a perfect egg is.

(ketohealthclub) #14

I call my partner Jack Sprat. We fit well together- I eat all the skin!

(ketohealthclub) #15

Wait- the group is devoted to keto instapot recipes???

(Stephanie Hanson) #16

There is a keto/LC IP FB group. You can search for recipes.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2017/03/35-best-low-carb-paleo-instant-pot-recipes.html. Saw this on a Facebook group. I love my IP, this will be handy.

(Boston_guy) #18

DadCooksDinner has a great time-lapse video format that shows the “gist” of a recipe very quickly. I’ve had good luck with his recipes. Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crPfB6RWX9E&list=PLtfqqhDAwBqMk22MENC13auV4v_KrSpyu

After owning my Instapot for over six months, I have discovered that it can be used as a crockpot. I’m ashamed I never knew and also laughing about it. :joy:

UPDATE: Do not use your Instapot as a slow cooker. It’s entirely too slow and never gets anything up to the correct temp.