Instant Pot on Sale today on Amazon 10/2/17

(melinda) #1

Deal of the day on Amazon!

https://smile.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/dp/B00FLYWNYQ?ref=bit_aa_dotd_cta_two_buttons&tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-a0027-def00-other-smile-us000-gatwy-feature-DOTDC

(Doug) #2

Nice mention, Melinda. :slightly_smiling_face:

I know people love these things but I have a hard time imagining what I’d use it for. What are some of the common keto uses of the Instant pot?

(Crippie) #4

I am in the same boat! I hear nothing but great things, but just don’t know what I would use it for that I just cant use my crock pot for?

(melinda) #5

It’s a lot faster than a crockpot. I can take frozen chicken thighs and have creamy Mexican chicken in 30 minutes total. It also infuses flavors more. Very tasty!

I use it to make pot roast, Mexican chicken, and other things. You can make cheesecake, yogurt, boiled eggs, and other stuff. It can also be used as a crockpot.

It’s basically a multifunction pressure cooker.

I do not have one, I have a pressure cooker but it is great for shortening the time to cook any type of meat that you would make in a crock pot or on top of the stove. I make stews and occassionaly a brisket in under an hour. Note I am usually cooking 4 lbs of meat minimum. If you are cooking smaller amounts it would take less time. I personally prefer my brisket in the oven but it is a great shortcut. The idea is it is supposed to come out more tender than in the oven because the liquid is forced into the meat.

I would need the large which is not on sale but thank you for the mention.

My question, if I already own a large pressure cooker, is there a difference?

(Mark Rhodes) #7

I make brisket, pork shoulder and cornish hens. I like the convenience and time savings. This past weekend I made brisket and saved the juice, about two quarts to use as stock for an as of yet unspecified soup.

(melinda) #8

I use mine multiple times a week.

I also made ribs in it and they were awesome! A short trip in the instant pot and then under the broiler in the oven for a few minutes.

(Crippie) #9

Well I am sold!

Got one on order now!

i always hear great things about these from everyone I know that has one, so Im jumping on the bandwagon!

(VLC.MD) #10

Instant Pot

Am I the only one who expected a Chia Pet that grows weed ?

Cha Cha Cha Chia !

(Crippie) #11

yes… yes you are…

haha! funny thought though! :slight_smile: